Cant figure out htese items (1 Viewer)

idvsego

February 3, 2010
I just came back to media portal after a long time away. Man has there been some serious improving going on. I ran through this and have it up and running pretty well but have a couple of needs that I havent been able to figure out yet...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ure-out-htese-items-77301/ne...l-guide-49685/

1) I need to be able to sort the movies somehow, either with genre tags or by file structure. I have all of the kid friendly movies in a specific folder and allow my daughter to select from anything in that list. I need something to segregate these movies, even if its a new basic home entry for Family Movies.

2) music sorting...Genre, then artist, then album is preferred. All I can get it to do is list all my artists and I have WAY too many to make that a pleasurable experience.

3) need to figure out the best way to get encoded TV shows to come up, as I rip seasons from disc frequently.

4) I need sources for more fan art s I can customize that home screen.

any help would be appreciated, in the meantime I will be pouring through the forums trying to get some direction.

edit: just figured out the genre sorting for music so thats taken care of.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    (1) - Use the categories filter in new moving pictures beta, it does exactly what you ask for.

(2) - Use MP Config, to edit the my music view, this can be achieved exactly the way you have asked

(3) - Use my tvseries, name each file as %seriesname% - S%season%E%episode% eg. The Simpsons - S01E01.avi

(4) - Goto Home Theatre Backdrops  / Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom