Cant find any channels with TV server (Firedtv viewer does find them) (1 Viewer)

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: SVN 22-8
    MediaPortal Version: SVN 22-8
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
    Windows Version: XP pro
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C + CI
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0

I'm trying to find tv-channels within the MP tv server.

At first I wasn't able to find anything, this was related to searching in the wrong frequenties. Now I've got a list of frequenties (I think this is named a Transponderlist) which work for me with Firedtv viewer. I can find all the channels in 1 search with Firedtv viewer.
    I've used these frequenties to make a transponderlist for MP TV server (a *.dvbc file), but it can't find any channels with it.

The funny and also disturbing thing is that MP only sees the transportstream of the lastest channel I've wacthed with Firedtv viewer. It seems the card stays locked to that stream (firedtv support tool supports this, It says "locked: Yes"). I can watch those channels (though one frooze MP to a halt, probably another problem), but can't find all of them.

Anyone any suggestions how to unlock the card durring the scan?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    little kick.

If log files or something like that could clear up this problem, please let me know.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Tried scanning the channels on a fresh reboot (not running Firedtv)?
    2. Tried the default dvbc files? What is your location and provider?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Scanning after a fresh reboot usually results in "no signal" (in red) for every frequency. It also happend that the card was still locked after a reboot.
    2. First thing i've tried. Because there was a dvbc file for Casema, which was my provider, now it's Ziggo (name change). I've created a dvbc file with the help of another Ziggo user. This only helped in Firedtv viewer (before that firedtv viewer also didn't find any channels).

My location is: The Netherland, The Hague. Provider is Ziggo.

Thanks for the suggestions.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got Ziggo too (previous essent), but all works well here, I use RC2 (no SVN builds), does RC2 without SVN build work?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just did een downgrade to RC2 (had the lastest SVN 22-8 installed). But it is still the same. "no signal" in red when I scan for channels.

It's almost like the card doens't want to work with Mediaportal :). Mediaportal cannot change or scan the card, it can only scan the active frequency. So if the card is not locked on a frequency it will find nothing.

So, I thought, maybee the driver is old, broken or anything like that.

Installed the driver again, and as I'm wrting this MP is scanning en finding channels. Whoehoe! Finaly!

I hope it stays this way :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom