Can't Find Channels during scan (1 Viewer)

C

Craig Walker

I can find plenty of channels using ArcSoft's TotalMedia 3.5 but the software sucks, very buggy and lacks features. So I thought I would try MediaPortal. I'm using MSI Digivox ATSC/QAM usb tv tuner and I'm using it with cable provided by TWC.

It recognizes the card, under TV Server Config, and I've tried QAM +HRC3, QAM HRC, QAM IRC, QAM Standard, Qam Std Alternative. No luck with any of them. I also edited my card, card type: to ATSC from general, and still no luck. says no signal on all of them. I also changed the scan tune time ( under general settings ) from 2 secs to 10 secs. Still no luck.

I tried Windows Media Center, too, and it only finds 4 channels, which is better than what mediaportal is finding. ( I'm running windows vista and updated it to the TV Pack, then updated it to TV Pack Cumulative update 2010--directions can be found here: http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gu...tv-pack-2008-download-installation-guide.html).

If anybody can suggest something, or another program to try, would be appreciated. I wish I could just export the channels from ArcSoft's TotalMedia. You can export them, but afaik MediaPortal only takes an xml file. and TotalMedia has some weird format ( I looked at it under Notepad using Arial Unicode MS ).

Thanks

B

Brad Sylvester

I am having the exact same problem. Windows Media Player finds 5 channels. WinTV7 finds all but one, but MediaPortal doesn't find any, analog or QAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom