[solved] Can't find Series (Animals with Cameras) (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    This is driving me crazy.:eek: I recently moved the folder containing my tv series to a different location, they all scanned back in without any major problems except one, a BBC 3 part mini series called Animals with Cameras. Previously the file names had been Animals with Cameras_s01_e01.flv (etc) and they had been correctly matched with appropriate media info and included in MP TV Series. Now however no combinations of the name, BBC or the date broadcast produced a match so I took a look in TVDB and after a lot of searching found the 3 episodes included in "Nature Season 36" see attached screenshot, using the word Nature and s36 e08 with or without the Animals with Cameras etc still failed to find any kind of match.:(
    awc.jpg

Not sure if the problem is with TVDB, MP TV Series or the person on the kb:confused: and no idea how to fix it whatever the case, so any help would be most gratefully received

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    try this Nature.s036e08.flv.
    When I took a look at it this morning, Nature has now imported automatically and is showing with a picture in TV Series, there are no artwork for the individual episodes but the text is correct. The importer still seems to be looking for something for the episodes but using Nature.s036e08.flv etc. was no improvement. Something definitely changed I can't recall any problems when I originally imported the series under Animals with Cameras and believe the artwork was complete.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So sounds like its working now. If you have no pictures, check online at theTVDb.com, maybe they are missing.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So sounds like its working now. If you have no pictures, check online at theTVDb.com, maybe they are missing.
    Yes that is the case to both questions. Whatever the issue is/was seems to be at TVDB. Please note the attached screenshot of a google search, clicking on the marked entry goes to TVDB but "Invalid Series", so I'm fairly sure it used to be there.;) I note that IMDB still show it as a 3 part mini series, not part of the Nature series.:rolleyes:
    awc2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom