Can't Get full screen video (1 Viewer)

Nordby2321

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

Im new to Media Portal and before I go out and buy a tv tuner card I wanted to test out everything else. I like MP because it allows me to play my .avi files and keeps all my videos in order..unlike WMC. But the major problem I'm having is that when I start watching a movie it does 2 things I Don't like:

1. It takes about a minute to start while the screen flickers black.

2. When it does start to run the video is tiny and small in the middle of the screen. I tried changing the aspect, zooming...

The videos work perfectly in Windows Media Player but are complete surrounded by a black box in MP.

Im using a 37" Flatscreen at the 1366x768 resolution. Can someone please help. Thank you

Nordby2321

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Home Country
4 gigs of ram, Quad 2.4 cpu, geforce 8800gt, and the codec for the file I am unsure of. its most likely divx and its running on Vista x64 if that matters

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    4 gigs of ram, Quad 2.4 cpu, geforce 8800gt, and the codec for the file I am unsure of. its most likely divx and its running on Vista x64 if that matters

Well it ain't a lack of power then :)

Are you using EVR as renderer (MPConfig "expertmode top right" look for directshow control\renderer)

Nordby2321

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    ill have to get back to you on that one.... i'm at work so i can't really check that but later tonight i will check

Nordby2321

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    i think i figured it out... how do i change the default screen resolution... when i first start the screen res is 1088x614 and when i play a video it changes to 1388X768 or something near that, hence the screen blinking when i hit play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom