Can't get mce remote working with case IR receiver under IRSS (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Because I was having trouble getting an MCE remote working properly in MP (I was experiencing double-clicks...so everything key press was done twice), someone directed me to use IRSS.

I have installed everything and first tried the mce remote with it's own receiver. I followed this guide:
IR Server Suite to resolve Remote Control Problems - My Home Theater PC Project

Not to the letter, as I don't have a Harmony remote (yet). I choose the MCE receiver instead of the IMON receiver. And I used a mce remote instead of the abstract remote. This works perfectly! No problems there.....except that I have an extra IR receiver....:(

When this all was working okay, I went back and removed the mce receiver from the system (unplugged the USB cable). I installed the IMON software (and removed it from autostarting). I selected this IMON receiver in the IRSS tool and configured it. There are two modes, mce mode and imon mode. I have tried both. In any case, I walked through the guide above again and tested it. But, unfortunately I can't get it to work. The receiver does respond to the IMON pad, so it's not broken or anything.

At this point I can't figure out why the mce remote won't work with the IMON receiver. What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom