Can't get Moving Pictures to start (1 Viewer)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm new to using MovingPictures and have read through the help and the forum; I can't see what I am doing wrong. I have imported all my movies using the configuration tool (works great). But when I launch the plugin in MP all I get is the screen below. I am using the latest SVN (27075) (perhaps it's not compatible?)

Attachments

• 12-20-2010 1-03-07 PM.png
    12-20-2010 1-03-07 PM.png
    212.8 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
The currently released versions of Moving Pictures are not compatible with MediaPortal 1.2. The MediaPortal guys made some code breaking changes that will break every plugin that uses the Facade and is not updated. We will have a new release fixing this on our end in the next day or two. In the mean time you can try manually building Moving Pictures from the 1.1 branch or you could roll back your MediaPortal install to the latest stable release.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
FYI - I downloaded the source and built against SVN 27075 and Moving Pictures is working great!
Thanks for the advice...
:D

P.S. - Would love to see cover flow in Moving Pictures. If you have any trouble (or need) with cover flow just let me know. I wrote it :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Thanks for the offer ajp8164. We are planning to add support for coverflow in the near future. Our short term plans are:

1) Fix a few bugs in the 1.1 branch.
2) Release Moving Pics 1.1 Stable (which supports MediaPortal 1.2)
3) Implement Cover Flow
4) Release Moving Pics 1.2 Beta (which would have coverflow and plugin launch parameters)

When working on the coverflow stuff I will be sure to come to you if i have any trouble. If a patch suddenly showed up at our doorstep for item #3, all the better! ;) We are on irc.freenode.net in #moving-pictures if you want to say hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom