can't get MP to play nice with tuner (videomate t200) (1 Viewer)

el_ricardo

January 18, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK just tried mediaportal kind of for the first time (i'll explain later). I got the latest version, installed, removed the tv server because i don't intend on streaming over my network. I have a compro videomate t200 that i want configuring, so i went to add the capture card in the config, and i'm told "Can't create graph for this device!!". I've been googling about ALL DAY to get to the bottom of this, I tried rolling back the tv card drivers, I tried reinstalling the tv card drivers, I tried updating to the latest nightly, then went back to 1.0, I've installed the SP3 dvb hotfix, still to no avail! I'm all out of ideas so I'm putting my problem across to you guys, see my spec below. it might also be noted that this is a completely fresh install of windows

back to what i mentioned earlier, I have kind of had MP running before, with the same mobo, CPU, and tv card (these are all spare bits and bobs i have lying around), but I literally got as far as scanning for the channels, which worked that time, but then i had a major hard drive disaster and ended up installing vista and using media center instead, but my point is that i've had it working on the same hardware in the past, although this was about a year ago, long before v1.0!

hope someone can help me, i've had a problem every step of the way building this HTPC!

MediaPortal Version: 1.0
Windows Version: XP pro SP3
CPU Type: p4
Memory: 1GB
Video Card: radeon HD2400
Video Card Driver: 8.12
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: compro videomate DVB-T t200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: latest from compro website
MPEG2 Video Codec: ?
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ?
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow?
Power Supply: 500W
Remote: win MCE
TV: toshiba 32av505d
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

EDIT: sorry this is posted in the server/client forum when it should be in the mediaportal1 forum, if someone could move it?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Moved

But personally would still use TVServer, even in what we call a singleseat environment (like mine).

el_ricardo

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    OK, would configuring the tv server for a singleseat environment alter how MP handles my tv card though?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Mediaportal does not handle the TV, TVServer does, mediaportal just connects to it when you watch TV.

The big advantage is TVServer once set up uses very little pc resources, whereas MP is a resource hog, so given a choice of which you prefer running everytime windows starts, i'd know which i prefer.

Just think as 2 parts of the same program, 1 handles TV\recordings\epg and the other just watches\schedules programs.

TV-Server/overview - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

el_ricardo

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    ok good call, just been trying to get the server set up, not even sure if it will fix my issue tbh! but anyway i've run in to another problem now! when i open up the tv server config, it asks me whether i want to start tvserver, so i say yes, then it says "tvservice not started" and i can't click anything in the config wihout being bombarded with more error messages saying the same thing!

I read another thread on this forum from a guy that's having exactly the same problem as me, and it was suggested that it might be because he was using tinyXP and therefore missing some windows components, well as it happens i'm also using tinyXP so i was wondering what components these may be, other than the requirements listed on the main page that is, because i meet all of those

at the end of the day, this is a windows installation, just with some bits trimmed off, i have a full windows install on another computer so i can steal some dlls from there, and it can't be that difficult to track down the dependencies that would normally be present in a full blown windows installation!

ccheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom