h.264 Video Codec: SAF - PDVD9
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: nmedia
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE (black)
    TV: Samsung 42
    TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Well, ATI finally came out with drivers for the ATI 650, installed all fine, MP picks up the tuner nicely, scans all my channels correctly, but when trying to watch TV, going to "TV Guide" I get a screen that just looks not formatted correctly, and no TV, tv wont turn on nor can i select or browse using guide.... In vista I had the same problem :(

i've attached my tv.log and error.log please let me know what else I can try to get the tv portion working

cheers!

Kasp

justsomeguy

April 15, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same here. This was the my first time installing MP and downloaded and installed the 1.1.0 RC2. scanning for channels in the server setup works fine and are added correctly, but in the TV Guide nothing shows up and it says Label Missing at the top. I completely uninstalled and then installed the stable 1.02 version and everything works fine. So something is different in the RC2.

kasper-pa-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok, well I found a work around for the formatting issue, had to remove all my radio channels and then the TV guide looked better, still no TV, "Can't start graph" is the error, I will clean logs out and reproduce them after work.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    See if using Reset Graph works for you... I have a 650 Combo USB and find it's a bit difficult to get all synced up once it gets strange commands - like when crap just ain't going right - and had to cycle its power. Clearly you don't have the USB version so maybe you'll be going with the Reset Graph... please post here and also on the other thread as we need to gain some ATSC members reporting this issue so it can be properly addressed in the code.

kasper-pa-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Andrew, thanks for that!! TV works now, unfortunately I updated to 10.4 drivers for my ati cards, and only get 4 channels now! argh!! I'll try reverting back to 10.3 and try to get all my channels back, but the reset graph works! thank you so much!!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    So much to say... 1st, I'm glad to have helped you get your ATSC tuning working reliably! As it turns out, the reset graph is a work-around. The real code fix is now an SVN and will be folded into the next RC, namely RC3. You might try going back to the non-ResetGraph configuration and use the TVLibrary.dll file (designed for RC2) from here, instead.

As far as understanding why you've lost channels under CCC 10.4 it may help if you populate your MySystem list in your User CP. I'm using the 650 Combo USB and had excellent results under Win-7... read here. Also, later on the thread (#14) I posted logs and a detailed explanation of my tuning experience! Although, I am having issue with MP loading an audio codec to playback (via SPDIF) the audio captured by the analog portion of my 650 Combo.

Glad to have helped and please post your results!

kasper-pa-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Andrew! Thanks again!! I removed all ATI drivers and did a fresh install of 10.4 both for the 5570 and the 650 PCI, all channels found again and work - just getting the epg stuff ironed out now ;) The new tuner.dll works great too! unchecked the reset graph, all seems to finally be working for me now, thank you so much!!

Cheers,

Kasp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom