[solved] Can't get TVService to work (1 Viewer)

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
Home Country
France France
Hello everyone!
I'm new on this forum, but I read a lot of thing yesterday.

I have a project, build a HTPC based on this configuration:

-Pentium G4400 (skylake)
-B150 motherboard
-8GB DDR4
-Samsung 830 SSD 64GB

To receive the live TV, I also bought a Terratec T1 TV USB stick.

I managed to install the Terratec drivers but I don't get Mediaportal to install..

This is the beginning of the troubles..
I installed Media portal 2 because Media portal 1 won't install because of a missing .NET framework 3.5, but I've got the 4.6 version.. Anyway..

Everything installed well, but I made the mistake to change the name of the pc from "DESKTOP-xxxxx" to "HTPC" and reboot. After that, I had an error when trying to open the MP configurator. I didn't look on internet and reinstalled Media portal 2.
After that the configurator saw that a database existed but couldn't connect to it. I followed a tutorial on internet and installed mySQL5.7.
I made the tricks to make MediaPortal able to connect to the database (modifying the privileges of root).

Now all the fields are green when I have to configurate the database. But when I launch the configurator, I get an error:
Tvservicesystem runtime remoting.remoting exception.

My question is: how to uninstall everything as if I hadn't done anything?
I would like to delete all databases, sql and mp programs, so I can make a clean installation again.. How can I do that without reinstalling windows?

Thanks for your help!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Welcome...
    From the sounds of it you have both MP1 and MP2 installed.
    MP2 does not use MySQL.....
    I would recommend a complete Uninstall of both MP1 and MP2.
    When they are removed, go to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal (ProgramData is a hidden directory), and delete everything.

Now go back and do a fresh install of MP2.

Any more issue and there is a Desktop application called MediaPortal 2 LogCollector
    Use it and post the zip log file so we can view the logs and see whats happening.

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
    Home Country
    France France
    I followed what you said for the X time because I had already done that before, and now it works..
    I still don't know what I missed in the process.. Maybe the fact that you told me to do so solved the problem!

Anyway, thanks for helping me and sorry that it was so obvious

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact I corrected the kodi error by putting the file in an other directory, it appears it didn't delete the original file.

In fact the client will be a kodi add-on made to access this server..

I will uninstall MP2 again and install both client and server .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom