Can't map channel, TV on etc menu button (1 Viewer)

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Hey all,

I have installed the latest Mediaportal 1 release and all my remote buttons I have been able to set with WInlirc, but I cannot figure out which action command to set under My TV where you select your channel, turn tv on off etc. I can click the mouse on those menu items and it works but none of the action buttons I set seem to work. Its driving me crazy. Does anyone know what the action button is? I thought it might be 'action_mouse_click' or 'action_forward' or something but those don't do anything. Any ideas?

Cheers.

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Ok pinpointed the issue, basically under the My TV menu the 'action_select_item' that I have set on my remote doesn't work. I can't select anything in that submenu like' channel,search, Yet it works fine to navigate down other submenus under My Music etc. Any ideas?

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
So nobody has come across this before? Its bizarre in that I can navigate all the other menus and select and start music and videos, but as soon as I go into My TV and try and select one of the menus in there nothing happens. Surely its not a different button just for those menus? This is very annoying as basically I have to get up all the time and use the mouse to navigate any of the menus under My TV. I reall like MP1, but this is very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Cheers.

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Well I still haven't found any way to make that button work, so the only thing left to try is another remote I guess. Does anyone have a list of winlirc action settings they have set for the My TV submenus? The only thing I can think of is that its a different action for those menus??

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 1.23 Key Mapping DE
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result. To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard...
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is...
I recently upgraded from MP 1.14 to MP 1.23. In 1.14 I was using the InputPlugIn to map my remote keys and all was working fine. In...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom