Can't play a DVD within Mediaportal and My Videos (1 Viewer)

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
Windows Version: vista 32 sp1
CPU Type: amd 4850e
HDD: intel x25-e SSD
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard: gigabyte 790gx
Video Card: onboard hd3300
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: floppydtv
1. TV Card Type: dvb-s2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: Power DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Origenae S16V
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hey together,
after my last clean installation i have a big problem within Moving Pictures. I used Moving Pictures 0.7.5. After installing it and importing my movies i think everything is fine. The movies are displayed well in Mediaportal. But if i click on each of them, no movie will start.
I remember that in my last installation after clicking on the movie i have to click again "start/play movie" so that it really starts.
I'm using filmstrip view. So in my eyes it has to be like this: 1. the whole list of my movies, 2. click on one movie -> the details appear, 3. click another time -> the movie starts. But now i don't get the choice to select if i want to start the movie. After clicking the second time mediaportal freezes.

my system: MP 1.1.0 Beta 1
skin: x-factor R247

I opened a thread within the Moving Pictures part, but there no one could help me right now and advice me to open a thread here.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/movingpictures-wont-play-any-movie-69098/

Facts:
I want to reinstall my system, so i have to set up the system as new. First i installed MP 1.0.2 stable. There i have the issue with Moving Pictures first. So i decided to install MP 1.0.2 completely again (cleaning cache etc). But i have the same issue again and again.

Now my actual system:
Today i make a complete clean PC installation. First i installed Windows Vista 32bit SP1, then the drivers etc and 2 or 3 basic software.
MP: I used the actual MP 1.1.0 Beta 1 to be sure that is no issue with the old system.
After installing the 1.1.0 Beta 1 i installed the actual SAF 4.00 beta 8 to get the actual codecs. Bevore setting MP up i installed my plugins (x-factor R247, Moving Pictures 0.7.5, TV Series 2.3.3517). I can't believe that i have the same issue right now. I can't even play the movies in My Videos.

My DVD archive consists of standard DVDs as a backup on HDD (external 3,5" HDD) in the standard VIDEO_TS, VTS etc format.

In the attachement i give you my logs of MediaPortal and Moving Pictures.

Can you help me? Do you need other things to know?

Regards Chris

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
This day i re-installed the system again and i still can't play the movies. I have tested also another skins, blue3wide, but there is also no possibility.
Waht do you think can the problem be? Just month ago everything was so cool with exactly the same system. :(

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Don't know what's up with my system. After setting up my new Harmony remote everything works. Per fortune i click to start a movie within MovingPictures and :eek: it works. Don't know whats up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom