Cant play anything - xception while creating DShow (1 Viewer)

Sillycrap101

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Hi Guys,

The internal player is not playing anything at all. It just sits there and does nothing.

I'm trying to play both xvid and mkv files. These files both play fine in VLC and WMP10.

The error log says the following.

VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} failed due to the following error: 8007007e. at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

I assumed this was a DX problem so I ran the dxdiag application and it reports everything as fine.

Please help.

- I installed mediaportal with default options.
- I installed MatroskaSplitter.exe
- I installed ffdshow_rev960_20070223_clsid.exe

This setup works on another machine with the media files in question.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: P4 3Ghz
RAM 512
Video Card: Geforce 6600GT 128mb

eventone

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I had the same problem. It turned out to be the AsusSplendid driver from my graphics card that was cause the problem... Once I uninstalled it and kept only the nvidia driver, it started working. Maybe your problem is similar? (Hope it helps!)

Sillycrap101

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Thanks, but I found the problem.

It was down to a program called girder which I had installed once. It had replaced the registry setting with C:\Program Files\girder\MediaSpy.dll instead of the default C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll

Phew. It plays now but I have lip sync issues every 20-30 seconds. I raise another post for that though

K0mmaT1A

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Thanks, but I found the problem.

It was down to a program called girder which I had installed once. It had replaced the registry setting with C:\Program Files\girder\MediaSpy.dll instead of the default C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll

Phew. It plays now but I have lip sync issues every 20-30 seconds. I raise another post for that though

Same problem here with girder installed, nothing changed after uninstalling it.
What do you mean it had replaced the registry setting?
Can you be more specific about where this key is?

K0mmaT1A

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Found it

Found it, nothing to do with girder and registry changes really...
It was a bug with the current svn built... just reinstalled everything in the client from the scratch and it worked.

By the way, quartz.dll havent been updated since XP SP1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom