Portal Member
April 22, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version:1.0.6. 25546
MediaPortal Skin: Blue.wide 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo

I can't play a dvd from an iso. When I hit enter to play there is a blink up in the upper left of the screen and then mediaportal stops responding to inputs. I have to kill it from task manager. I have the same problem with daemon tools and virtual clone drive. I can mount an iso outside of mediaportal and it plays fine.

I'm stumped. I have uninstalled mp and reinstalled with several different versions and it always does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

dae3dae3

Portal Member
April 22, 2010
Home Country
__________________________________________________________________________________

Well, it's several hours later. My motherboard is flaking out and I have reinstalled windows.

I can now play a dvd from an iso but it launches windows media player and I can't use the media portal controls to control the dvd. At least it is playing now. I'm still not happy with it but it is and improvement. Now I am going to start installing the plugins and see if everything craps out.:confused:

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    In Control Panel|Hardware and Sound|AutoPlay, set DVD movies to "Take no action". That should prevent WMP from automatically launching when you mount a DVD ISO.

dae3dae3

Portal Member
    April 22, 2010
    Home Country
    That was a good suggestion.

When I do that nothing plays again.:D I tried that back before I formatted and started over and it didn't help.

I tried uninstalling windows media center and that made no difference either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom