Cant play MP4 stream videos on WIN7x64 (1 Viewer)

mardup

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Toulouse
Home Country
France France
Hello ...
I dont know if this is the right place to expose my problem ... Sorry if not

My problem is : i can't play any mp4 stream with Onlinevideo on my Win7x64 system (Apple movie trailers, MP4 video on youtube, ... ). When i select the video, i see the % of caching until ~ 10%, then a blue progression bar of caching, and at the end, Mediaportal crahes.
FLV videos are OK

(On another computer with exactly the same versions of mediaportal , plugins and codecs, BUT with Win7x32 all is fine.)

I tried with
> mediaportal 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.2alpha ...
> ( Win7codecs + QTlite + quicktimedirectshow source filter ) , (Shark007 codecs), (SAF5), ...
always the same problem.

If i donwload the stream (apple movie trailer) , then I can read the video file without any problem

I spent a lot of time installing and uninstalling various versions of Mediaportal and Codecs ...
So I anyone as the solution for me : :D :D :D :D and :D again

BoomBang85

March 19, 2011
Home Country
Israel Israel
I also have win 7 x64 and had a similar problem .
My fix was unistalling Nero (that came with my LG burner drivers) and it codecs. And then a clean SAF 5 install.
Hoping it will help.
BTW, how can you see progression bar of caching?
I'm using MP 1.1.3 and X-Factor skin

mardup

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Toulouse
Home Country
France France
Re : Cant play MP4 stream videos on WIN7x64

I Resolve my problem downgrading to Win 7x32 ...
I use StreamedMp + MP 1.1.3 + Saf5
Now, all is correct

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I have the same problem... downgrading to Win 32 isn't really resolving our problem is it. Any ideas anybody?

Is it the version of the MP4 demuxer that comes with ffdshow that might be the problem?

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
I too am having the same problem, but on XP SP3. FLV videos stream fine, but MP4 has to be downloaded completely before they can be played.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom