Cant play recorded TV, from live point or start! (1 Viewer)

Scottydog

Portal Member
August 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've recently installed MP 1.1 RC2, after using previous versions of MP for the last couple of years, with very little problems.
I also updated to Win 7 64bit a few months ago.

Now I have problems! I cannot play ANY recorded TV, not from live point (In guide) or even from my Recorded TV section on my MP server :eek:
All my Live TV is working perfectly, including HD but for some reason recorded TV just wont work under RC2.

I notice on the forum that some people are having problems with Recorded TV under Win 7 64bit but I cannot find a solution.

Strangely, Recorded TV is streaming ok from my server to all 3 of my clients, which are also running Win7 64bit.
Can anyone help as this is a major problem for me, as each time I attempt to plat recorded TV it crashes MP!

Logs attached.

Thx

Scottydog

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I would suggest disabling all extra plugins, fanart, infoservice MovPics etc, now can you play the files

ps. my codecs are setup using MS for everything bar mpeg\ac3 audio for TV, using the MPC for that, AAC set to monogram,

Scottydog

Portal Member
    August 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the feedback but are you saying that I can't use RC2 with any of my standard plugins, like moving pictures IF I want to watch my recorded TV!!!!?
    I've been using 1.1beta and also RC1 with everything working and now that I have moved to RC2, I'm basically going backwards!?
    If so that's hardly progress is it not.

Sorry, I don't want to appear ungrateful, as you and the rest of the MP development team have done a great job in getting this open source media centre to the masses but surely it should be a progressive route going from a beta to a RC, which unfortunately is not the case in my particular example.
    Question: is RC2 not living up to expectations, thus the suggestion of disabling all my standard plugins to enable recorded TV to work??

Cul8er has kindly fixed other issues I had with MP RC2 using xfactor/fanart handler but I cannot work with the option of no standard plugins working or no recorded tv.......stuck between a rock and a hard place!

I hope there is a workable alternative! Possibly another core.dll that can fix......please??

Thx

Scottydog

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think that he wants you to test to play your recordings with all plugins disabled to see if it works with just mp and not any plugins and then go from there.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Thats how we test things around here ;)

Then we post our nice clean logs using the mediaportal debug mode (start menu) , so they are not full of junk from plugins, makes it a lot easier to read and diagnose what is going wrong.

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I do also have problem with recordings, but in my case its old recordings done with RC1, all I get is sound. When i look in graphedit I can see that the video is not connected at all. I can play them in VLC and in RC1 but not in RC2, sorry for no logs now, but I'm at work, will put up logs tonight and maybe an example recording to.
    Is there any good program to cut ts-file, my recordings are 2 GB and I dont think its a good idea to put them up here?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I do also have problem with recordings, but in my case its old recordings done with RC1, all I get is sound. When i look in graphedit I can see that the video is not connected at all. I can play them in VLC and in RC1 but not in RC2, sorry for no logs now, but I'm at work, will put up logs tonight and maybe an example recording to.
    Is there any good program to cut ts-file, my recordings are 2 GB and I dont think its a good idea to put them up here?

Possible your are having same problem as here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...496/some-h264-recordings-will-not-play-81381/

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It looks like that, but I have that error with mpeg, hope its fixed in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom