Can't rip mini DVD's made from personal recorder **PROBLEM FOUND** (1 Viewer)

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a box full of home made family movies that were created from a Hitachi DVD camcorder. I've tried several ripping apps (anyDVD and DVD decryptor) and I also tried copying the files and creating an ISO image of the DVD's with no success.

The DVD's play fine but just won't rip. When I rip them or try to copy them to ISO, it stalls on the second .VOB file everytime. A few DVD's ripped/copied fine but most are giving me this problem.

Anything I can try to get these to rip properly? This are family movies I made and shouldn't have any encryption on them.

Thanks!
mr

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
Ahhh! pegial, you hit the nail on the head my friend. That has to be it. It would also explain why some would close and others wouldn't. The problem is my DVD camcorder is toast! lol

That makes perfect sense.

I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
mr

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
Well, I was able to get my camera working well enough to close the dvd's out but that is not the issue.

For some reason if I try to copy or rip with various tools the VOB files, it hangs on almost all of my mini DVD's. The frustrating part is they ALL play fine from the discs.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
mr

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
With help at the SlySoft forums, I used a program called Nero CD-DVD Speed and it found errors on the DVD's.

Unless someone can challenge my theory, I would stay away from DVD camcorders. I've had these DVD's in cases and never even played them. It looks like the cameras don't do a well enough job in burning the DVD's.

Or my camera is faulty and not working well. Either way, I'm burned.

Cheers,
mr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom