[confirm] Can't scan any DVB-S2 channels with FloppyDTV S2 (2 Viewers)

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can't scan any DVB-S2 channels with my DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV S2 card. This problem occurred after I made a fresh install with MP 1.2.0 SVN 27342. Earlier I used MP 1.1.2 and everything worked OK. I'm now using SVN 27411 and the problem is still there.

I've also tried manual scan, but it only reports no channel found.

MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2.0 SVN 27411
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP-r2551
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - Norwegian
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    HDD: Corsair Force Series F120 - SSD
    Memory: 4Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Abit IP35
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.1
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Digital Eeverywhere FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF v5.00 - latest build
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF v5.00 - latest build
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF v5.00 - latest build
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: 0.8°W and 4.8°E
    HTPC Case: Zalman
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Logitech One
    TV: Sony 40x2000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

What happens if you revert to version 26912?

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi there

What happens if you revert to version 26912?
    When I revert to SVN version 26912 everything works fine. When I do a scan, most of the HD channels are there. If I do a single transponder scan it finds those HD channels I'm missing.

What do you mean exactly by "can't scan". What are the symptoms?
    When I do a channel scan, MP can't find HD channels. All SD channels is there. And yes, I've ticked of for enable DVB-S2 channels. If I manually tries to scan a single transponder that contains HD channel, it only reports that it didn't find any channels.

After some testing I found that some HD channels are stored. But those are few. I'm able to find HD channels on: 0,8w - Thor6 - 10747 - H - 25000, maybe also some other transponders to. But if I scans: 0,8w - Thor 5 -11785 - H - 30000 it finds nothing.

It is not related to Thor 6, because other HD transponders reports "nothing found"

I hope you find a solution on this problem.

Best regards
    AR

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Maybe the mediaportal xml tuning file for thor is not updated?

Canal digital has been moving alot of channels around the past 2 weeks and will be moving around again on feb 8th.

I dont know where MP updates the tuning details from but i would check the xml file for thor5/6 and make sure that it it correct to start out with. Maybe also try to play arround with the pilot on/off setting.

regards
    Jacob

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Canal digital has been moving alot of channels around the past 2 weeks and will be moving around again on feb 8th.

I dont know where MP updates the tuning details from but i would check the xml file for thor5/6 and make sure that it it correct to start out with. Maybe also try to play arround with the pilot on/off setting.

regards
    Jacob
    This is also a problem when I do a manual scan of a single transponder. Anyway, my XML files is updated and it worked well with SVN 26912.

Regarding Pilot ON/OFF, isn't that only an option after a channel is found. The only place I've found that choice is if I edit an already stored channel...?

AR

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

regards
    Jacob
    This is also a problem when I do a manual scan of a single transponder. Anyway, my XML files is updated and it worked well with SVN 26912.

Regarding Pilot ON/OFF, isn't that only an option after a channel is found. The only place I've found that choice is if I edit an already stored channel...?

AR

I believe i edited the pilot on/off setting on the hdtv channel transponders manually in the xml file a while back when i had trouble scanning for channels. that helped me out.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You won't be able to scan DVB-S2 transponders with a single transponder scan at the moment. I have submitted a patch for this problem (allowing you to set inner FEC rate, pilot and roll-off) which I hope will be accepted for 1.2.0b.

mylle is correct - for scanning you can edit the transponder files to turn the pilot on or off. For existing channels you can set the value.

I made a change in SVN 26916 that may have affected DVB-S2 scanning for DigitalEverywhere cards. Can you try and see if upgrading to a revision after 26916 breaks the scanning again.

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You won't be able to scan DVB-S2 transponders with a single transponder scan at the moment. I have submitted a patch for this problem (allowing you to set inner FEC rate, pilot and roll-off) which I hope will be accepted for 1.2.0b.

mylle is correct - for scanning you can edit the transponder files to turn the pilot on or off. For existing channels you can set the value.

I made a change in SVN 26916 that may have affected DVB-S2 scanning for DigitalEverywhere cards. Can you try and see if upgrading to a revision after 26916 breaks the scanning again.
    Maybe I've been confused with lack of ability to manual scan for DVB-S2 channels on a single transponder...

I've done some more testing today. Starting with SVN 26916. There I found 503 channels on 0,8w. And among them some HD channels. Some of the channels found was named "unknown".

After upgrading to SVN 27441, I found 483 channels on 0,8w. And I think the same HD channels was stored after that scan. On this scan none of the channels was named "unknown".

Maybe we should set this thread "on hold" until your patch for single transponder scan is approved? It could be as "mylle" wrote, old xml tuning file. I did a new "xml file" download before every scan, but if the database is old it wouldn't help...

AR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Thank you for testing. :D

I've done some more testing today. Starting with SVN 26916. There I found 503 channels on 0,8w. And among them some HD channels. Some of the channels found was named "unknown".

After upgrading to SVN 27441, I found 483 channels on 0,8w. And I think the same HD channels was stored after that scan. On this scan none of the channels was named "unknown".
    That is possible. We recently made some improvements to channel and tuning detail management that help to correctly identify identical channels, as well as to pick up channels that were not picked up before...

Maybe we should set this thread "on hold" until your patch for single transponder scan is approved? It could be as "mylle" wrote, old xml tuning file. I did a new "xml file" download before every scan, but if the database is old it wouldn't help...
    That sounds sensible to me. If you notice any specific channels are missing or don't work then please let us know (full channel details would be required).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom