Cant Select anyting in dvd root menu? (1 Viewer)

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: MS-6702E (MSI)
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9250 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 5.11
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Audio Card Driver: 5.10
Synopsis::

When playing dvds i chent selekt any thing in the root meny, if i pres down button on my keyboard it just skips backwards in the time frame of the menu? Tried diferatne codecs and have tried Windvd and using that dvd controler but no change? Any one have any idea?

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
October 7, 2005
Netherlands
I had the same problem with Intervideo WinDVD codecs.

Cyberlink PowerDVD codecs with the standard DVD navigator (both options in the DVD section of MediaPortal configuration) fixed it for me.

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Damn tried just abot anything here uninstalled Windvd and installed Powedvd no diferance at all, and tried any video/udio codec combination there is, both windvd and power dvd.

Zyphrax - Did you format betveen the tvo programs or just unibstalled one and installed the other?

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
October 7, 2005
Netherlands
I uninstalled WinDVD and installed PowerDVD. Although you should be able to have them both installed.

But now I use them together. Cyberlink for DVD and Intervideo for MyTV, although I'm going to try the Hauppauge decoder for MyTV, to get rid of some out-of-sync issues.

What you can try is to download GraphEdit and connect to the MediaPortal Graph when your playing a DVD. Look at the (directshow) filters that are used. You might want to create a screenshot of it, and post it here.

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Test_1.JPG

tried that one stil the same.....

Test_2.JPG

that too and still the same

Tried every possible combination but still the same???

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
October 7, 2005
Netherlands
Have you tried to play the DVD in PowerDVD or WinDVD? Does the menu work then?
Maybe the issue isn't specificly MediaPortal related. Or the DVD menu might be broken?

Have you tried Overlay instead of VMR9, just to test?

I see that you are using 0.1.3.0, have you tried 2.0RC1 with the newest CVS? If you try the newest CVS, don't forget to run start.bat

The GraphEdit screenshot looks normal.

That's about all I can think off.

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Tried to play dvds both in power dvd and Win dvd and it works fine and tried 2.0RC1 not sure about the CVS, and have formated the machine 3 times to try differate installations.

EDIT

used the 0.2.0.0 RC1 dated 2005-09-01 is there any later and if there is where can i get that one?

EDIT 2

Found it tried it no differace, well on with 4th format and try not installing any dvd player at all and see whats hapens...

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
October 7, 2005
Netherlands
Does arrow left/right change anything?

Do you see a menu item selection, or just the normal DVD menu picture, without selections?

Do you have this problem with a specific DVD or with all DVDs?

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Got it on all DVDs when moving left or right allso moving back and forward in timeframe, and i see the Dvd meny with selections.

well ill try another format tonight goin to try and install without any dvd software first to see what hapens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom