Cant start Client (1 Viewer)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 (2006-10-25)
    TV Engine: TV engine 3 and Client Rev11332
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Motherboard: Blazer (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
    TV Card Type: Twinhan 3040
    TV Card Driver: v1.2.3.8
    Video Card Model: Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: ATI 8.231.0.0
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis:: -

Hi!
    I got the TV server working (on 2nd PC), and got acknowledge that its connected from client (1st PC)"Connected to TvServer".
    It also seems to download EPG just fine.
    But when trying to start TV MP stops "Not responding".

Regards,
    /Tomas

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Hi,

I have the same problem. The server seems to be set up correctly on a dedicated computer but I cannot connect to it from Media Portal client. Have you tried connecting to the stream with VLC player? I can't get that to work either. I can play the .ts timeshifting buffer though as well as recorded mpg files. My log file is identical to yours so I think we have the same problem.

Regards
    Stefan

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. open gentle.config on the tvserver
    its in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaPortal TvServer

2. search for the line which contains DataSource="......";

3. fill in the ipadress of the tvserver so it becomes DataSource="tvserverip";

4. restart the service
    5. try the client

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks frodo!
    ...but im not shore what to change. Found this containing "Data source"

<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=??????;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=mytvserver\SQLEXPRESS;" />
    <!--
    <DefaultProvider name="Firebird" connectionString="User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Database=localhost/3050:C:\Code\Gentle.NET\Source\Gentle.Framework.Tests\Database Files\Gentle_Firebird.fdb;Dialect=3;Charset=UNICODE_FSS;Role=;Connection lifetime=30;Pooling=true;Packet Size=8192;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Jet" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Code\Gentle.NET\Source\Gentle.Framework.Tests\Database Files\Gentle_MSAccess.mdb;OLE DB Services=-1;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="PostgreSQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=Test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Oracle" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="OracleODP" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="URI=file:c:/Code/Gentle.NET/Source/Gentle.Framework.Tests/Database Files/Gentle_SQLite.db" />
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;initial catalog=Test;user id=xxx;password=xxx;packet size=4096" /> -->

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    at a guess you need to change the following.
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;initial catalog=Test;user id=xxx;password=xxx;packet size=4096" /> -->

And instead of 127.0.0.1 which is the local machine put in the address of the server you are wanting to connect to

Thanks frodo!
    ...but im not shore what to change. Found this containing "Data source"

<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=??????;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=mytvserver\SQLEXPRESS;" />
    <!--
    <DefaultProvider name="Firebird" connectionString="User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Database=localhost/3050:C:\Code\Gentle.NET\Source\Gentle.Framework.Tests\Database Files\Gentle_Firebird.fdb;Dialect=3;Charset=UNICODE_FSS;Role=;Connection lifetime=30;Pooling=true;Packet Size=8192;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Jet" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Code\Gentle.NET\Source\Gentle.Framework.Tests\Database Files\Gentle_MSAccess.mdb;OLE DB Services=-1;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="PostgreSQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=Test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Oracle" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="OracleODP" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="URI=file:c:/Code/Gentle.NET/Source/Gentle.Framework.Tests/Database Files/Gentle_SQLite.db" />

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    I changed the ip of the Data Source that was not commented out, but that didn't help. In my case I don't believe the problem is with the SQL server since I can't even get video to play over VLC.

Tompa, have you checked if you can get video to play in VLC?

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Raven dont' suppose you have tried disabling windows firewall on teh server then trying to run MP again and seeing, i only have problems with its enabled. when its disabled all is well in teh world

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And instead of 127.0.0.1 which is the local machine put in the address of the server you are wanting to connect to

That was also one of my guesses, but it did not help. But must check the firewall again! I did disabled it, but have seen that it in some times comes back after restart of PC.

Tompa, have you checked if you can get video to play in VLC?

No I have not tried VLC yet, will try that later.

Thanks for your help!
    Il keep on trying!
    /T

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    FYI
    Tried VLC, but no success (so far). Iv got about a second with sound (no video) and nothing more.
    The time of the timeshifted video is updated in VLC though!

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Nightmare77: Don't have firewalls enabled inside the local network so that can't be it. Also I get the same error when trying to start VLC locally on the same computer as the TV server. Seems there is something wrong with the stream itself.

Tompa: I get the same result as you do. A second or so of sound and no video. A few times I have gotten a black video screen but only on occation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom