h.264 Video Codec: SAF 5.00
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge (came with TV card)
TV: Samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

I had some issues when playing .ts files that I recorded. It stutters or maybe better said pauses after some seconds, and then plays again (keep repeating itself). So I wanted to test something with the codecs. I installed the latest version of SAF 5, but that didn't solve the problem. I could start the MP configuration still at that point. But after deinstalling SAF 5 and installing SAF 4, I couldn't anymore. It bailed out on the adding filters section. So I googled, and found filmerit. That fixed some issues with the merits, but still I cannot start the configuration. But now it is crashing on the skins section.
What I've tried:
- install SAF 5 again
- renamed mediaportal.xml to oldmediaportal.xml
- run filmerit
- reinstalled skin (StreamedMP)

Has anybody got a clue how to solve this?

BTW, MP itself still runs. And .ts files are still playable. My Trailers plugins however doesn't work anymore.

Makaveli

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tried uninstalling MP and reinstalling it. But now I cannot properly install it anymore (TvServer install crashes). Also after the install, it says it is completed successfully and all the icons are made on my desktop. But I cannot start it, because it wants to start the configuration (and cannot -> skins section). If I want to start setuptv, it crashes immediately.

I 'solved' it, by restoring a system restore point in Windows 7. Because reinstalls didn't work.

I have absolutely now idea what exactly caused this... so (un)fortunately I cannot reproduce this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom