Can't start PC games (1 Viewer)

Toga

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have used myEmulators in the past, but stopped usingit as i found it a pain to add games to.
I saw there is a new version that scrapes all of the game info so I thought I would give it another go.
However I cannot get any PC Games to start.
Clicking on a game will briefly show the desktop and then return to the games list.
I have tried the unofficial build and the last official build, they both do the same.
I can't think of where to go with troubleshooting.
Does this plugin generate any log entries?
So Far I have:
Tried different skins
Disabled all plugins except myEmulators.
Rebuilt the database.

Any ideas?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
the unofficial version has some problems and it looks like support and updates have ceased...
the unofficial version also does some crazy things to the DB and changes a lot of things.

make sure your db is clean and all traces of the unofficial version is gone, then try the latest official release.
No problems here on any of my computers using it for pc games.

Toga

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for the response.

I have tried the older version with a clean database and all of the new stuff removed, still the same thing.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    What game are you trying to load? Is this one PC game or all PC games? Can you post your db file? I remember I had an issue with PC games that had an apostrophe in the title, like Mirror's Edge. I had to rename the actual game's exe to something like Mirrors Edge, which didn't appear to have affected the game at all, and would then work fine under MP after I added it in MyEmulators.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I have tried a lo of different games:
    Street fighter 4
    lego batman
    Fear
    Fear 2
    Crysis
    and so on.

Oddly the first time I tried it, which was several months ago Mirror's edge worked.
    but now that have re-set it up its the same as everyother game.

Took a look at the database and the paths are correct, but I'm not sure what all of the other values should be.
    I have quickly made a database with one game added.
    I can add more and repost if needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• myEmulators_v2.zip
      30.6 KB

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    I'll take a look at it this weekend. Strange as I have many of the same PC games and they all work just fine. BTW, Fear 2 is a pain to get working with controllers - I had to use xpadder since it had no native support in-game.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Cheers buddman.

Couldn't get on with Xpadder I use Pinnacle game profiler.

Edit, Just backedup all of my MP data and ran as if it is a fresh install. still the same, I'm thinking this is something to do with my machine rather than the plugin or mediaportal.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Nope, tried the new dll but no difference.

To be honest I have noticed a few other odd things going on with the machine, so I'm going to rebuild it over the weekend. I'll report back once this is done.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    Hrm, I tried to open your DB file, but I get exception errors, so I guess I'm not able to view it. I would say if you can run games just fine manually, then you should be able to within MP...hope the rebuild is successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom