Cant toggle watched status (1 Viewer)

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
August 4, 2010
Since the update which added trakt, I haven't been able to reset watched episodes back to unwatched.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there a solution other than mayeb disabling trakt?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since the update which added trakt, I haven't been able to reset watched episodes back to unwatched.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Is there a solution other than mayeb disabling trakt?

When you toggle back to unwatched it does so immediatly local, but Trakt keeps the 'watched' history enabled. On next import this watched flag is synced back to your HTPC. So to solve it right now you have to log in to your Trakt account on their website and set it to unwatched on their end by deleting your watched history at episode level.

Then when you toggle it back to unwatched on HTPC side it will remain so.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    I guess I'll have to dump trakt then. Since there are several series I watch, and then immediately set episodes back to unwatched, so my parents can keep track of where they are in each series (behind me). I don't fancy resetting my history several times a week.

TV Series really should keep track of user watched changes, there's little point in being able to set a program from watched to unwatched, if that change is always going to be erased.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have watched the episode with-in tvseries while trakt was active then it keeps your watched history such as number of plays and last play time on the trakt website. Toggling watched with-in plugin now wont unwatch it on site as there is no unscrobble on the API. The only way, is to go to the site and remove the scrobbled state....in this case you will get an extra warning but it will work.

If on the otherhand the episode had not been scrobbled and you toggle watched back n forth then it works because there is a seen and a unseen event, unfortunately there is no corresponding unscrobble (I guess this is to protect users watched count and watched date from easily being erased on site for episodes).

I can ask the site admins for a unscrobble API to make what your asking possible from the GUI....or maybe there is some other smart way.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    In case there is some miscommunication:

I am happy with the watched status not being changed on the website.
    What I want is: when I select a watched program in Mp-TV series, and toggle it to unwatched, that change is preserved *within mp-tv series*. So next time it synchronises with trakt.tv, it doesn't erase the change.

This is what I expect to happen:
    I watch a TV show. MPTV marks it as watched. On next synch, Trakt marks it as watched.
    At this point,
    In MPTV: it shows as watched,
    On trakt: it shows watched: 1.
    Then I toggle it to unwatched in MPTV. So now:
    In MPTV: it shows as unwatched,
    On trakt: it shows watched: 1.
    On next synch, there are NO changes to the MPTV view.
    Then my parents watch it. And it synchs again. So now,
    In MPTV: it shows as watched (again)
    On trakt: it shows watched: 2.
    And I leave it like that.

DIGRESSION
    The reason I started using trakt was to synchronise watched status of shows across 2 computers. This demonstrates to me that trakt is unsuitable for that task. Since if I watch a show on one pc, then mark it as unwatched, I want that change to be synchronised across the machines. Even if you get the above working, it won't be able to syncrhonise the change of watched to unwatched program, because it gets its data from trakt.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    since thats a trakt "limitation" right now, you could disable it, and use follw.it which works as expected.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah I hear you MeMeMe, I have asked for a 'UnSeen/UnWatched' Sync from the API so hopefully the trakt guys will be able to provide that sometime soon.

The way I would like it work is to record anything manually marked as unwatched online, so next time you sync (whatever pc) those movies/episodes will also be marked as unwatched if already watched. This would still be marked as watched online and your watched history should be intact. Anyway, thats one way.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    That sounds like it would do what I need, so that would be great.
    In the meantime, I'm following mastyman's advice and trying out follw.it.

Users who are viewing this thread