Can't use remote control to enter PinCode (1 Viewer)

DicEMaN

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thanks for that work around Iosub!

I have actually been looking into getting the PIN for the Parental control (for moving pictures) entered without having to plug in my keyboard. Is there no way that the normal remote number keypad can be used?
I mean, I put a numerical pin on it to make sure my kids don't stumble upon 'Predators' when trying to put the Lassie DVD on :D
Would be nice if I could just put that pin code in using the 0-9 of my remote instead of having to use the on-screen keyboard.

I've looked in the StreamedMP and in the Moving Pictures forum but apparently I must be the only one looking for that feature? (or my searching skills are seriously letting me down :oops:)

Anyway, thanks again for this work around, I'll give this a try tomorrow as it's still better then the external keyboard.

:D

DicE

DicEMaN

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
ltfearme,

that looks like the issue I'm having yes.
I'll enable the enhanced logging on the remote and see if I have the same feedback in the log. Then I know for sure.

they talk about a replacement dll file in the thread that resolves the issue. I guess I should assume that one is part of the latest 1.0.7 version of Mov Pics by now, right?

thanks a lot for your help.

DicE

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    they talk about a replacement dll file in the thread that resolves the issue. I guess I should assume that one is part of the latest 1.0.7 version of Mov Pics by now, right?
    Actually the fix was committed to the next major version 1.1.0. If this is your problem I can speak the devs and maybe get this fix pushed into a maintenance release 1.0.X

DicEMaN

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Again,

I had the issue on a v1.1.0 installation. Upgraded it to 1.1.1 yesterday evening so I'll need to see if that changes anything.
    I know my 1.1.0 installation was a clean one and I have the latest Moving Pictures 1.0.7 installed with the StreamedMP skin.

As said, I'll do some tests first, try the default skin etc, enable logging and then see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for your time!

DicE

DicEMaN

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ok;

so I did some testing, changed the log detail to debug and enabled logging on the MCE remote.
    Switching to the Blue3wide skin did not make a difference.

typing the pin on the num keypad of my keyboard works, when using the remote I see the ir receiver light up like it always does when receiving a command but nothing happens.

I attached the Mediaportal log file where I can see a lot of these lines:
    2010-10-09 22:15:14.470000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 109915
    2010-10-09 22:15:14.471000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: DialogWindow: Cornerstone.MP.GUIPinCodeDialog init
    2010-10-09 22:15:17.182000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Incoming button command: NumPad1
    2010-10-09 22:15:17.183000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Command "NumPad1" not mapped
    2010-10-09 22:15:18.686000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Incoming button command: NumPad5
    2010-10-09 22:15:18.687000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Command "NumPad5" not mapped
    2010-10-09 22:15:20.003000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Incoming button command: NumPad0
    2010-10-09 22:15:20.004000 [Info.][(22)]: MCE: Command "NumPad0" not mapped

which are numbers that correspond to the numbers of the pin. So it's getting something, it's just not doing anything with it?

This is the first time I actual help in the debugging of an issue on MP so go easy on me :cool:
    Just tell me what you need or want to know and I'll try to get it.

:D
    DicE

DicEMaN

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi VdR,

thanks for taking the time to look into this.
    So I would need to assign the keys to my remote differently?

I looked in the MP Configurator before for such an option, but the numerical keys do not appear to be available there for assignment, and the new button for adding a key did not seem to work (or I was doing it wrong?)

Where can you change key assignments for a normal Microsoft MCE?

thx

DicE

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are right. That cannot be done in MP.

In the referred thread we where both using some software (event ghost or HM remote key map) 'in between' the remote and MP.

You could use HM RK, it can be downloaded for free, you can then easily map the numeric keys, and you can use to blast. It will do the trick.

By the way; do you have a (Belgian-)French keyboard, I do (hate it) and I think that is part of the problem.

VdR

DicEMaN

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thx VdR,

not a big fan of in-the-middle software to be honest. The less things in between the slicker :D
    Don't know this HM RK tool you are referring to either.

For the record, I don't use the BE-FR keyboard (not a fan myself ) but the BE-NL one.
    Although I don't really see where this could be of influence as they are both AZERTY ones.
    You're saying I should change my regional settings to a EN-us layout with keyboard?
    Would that help? I don't mind giving it a shot to be honest. Used to typing on a US or UK keyboard anyway.

thanks again for the help, I guess I should keep on trying until I figure something out.
    Are the key assignments for the supported remotes not somewhere in a config file to fiddle with?

DicE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom