Cant watch episode highlighted in red even though file is available (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
Hey All,

Love the plugin however one thing I noticed first of all is that if the plugin cant access the location where tv series are stored then it wont show them under the plugin.

This happens for me a lot as my tv series are on a remote machine and it isnt always turned on by my HTPC is always on so most of the time it shows no shows available.

I worked out how to fix this in the options by turning off some option about not showing local files available so now it shows all the tv shows it imported into the database whether the machine hosting the tv shows is online or not.

However, when I went to watch an episode today after just turning on my remote PC all the episodes were marked in RED text. I tried clicking on an episode but it wouldnt play.

I worked out red means it couldnt find the file on the remote machine last time it scanned so I forced a local scan and after a while episode went from being red and was able to be played.

Is there any option for it to not highlight in red when it cant find the episode and always assume the episode is available on the network?? Or this there same way you can select an episode in red and it will force a local scan for that episode only and if it finds it, it will play it?

The reason I ask is without having that option, every time I turn on my machine where the tv episodes are stored, if I want to watch something I am going to have to do a forced local scan every time just to watch one episode and this can take a few minutes to complete so I might be waiting a few minutes until i can watch what I want

This also makes it difficult for the wife to be able to use if she has to recan every time she wants to watch a show..

If there is no way to do this can this please be added in future release that clicking on an episode in red will force a scan for that file only and play it if its available

Thanks!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    It should work if you mark the option "don't clear references to missing fiels on local scan" or somesuch. Otherwise it has no idea what the file was even named and assumes you deleted it, keeping only metadata.

You can also try marking locations that are regularly offline as removable in the configuration, but you'll need to do a complete rescan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom