Completed carton box htpc mod! (1 Viewer)

wacki4

Portal Member
August 11, 2007
Wroclaw
Home Country
Poland Poland
hello ;)

it is my first (almost) fully working htpc ;) ony issue is, that it is too slowly to play fullhd x264 files, but in future i'm going to buy good graphic card or better cpu, and i think that it will fully work ;)

Picasa Web Albums - Wac?aw - 2008-05-09 here you have photos of it ;) it maybe is not beautiful, but it don't have to be ;)

to use it i have:
sharp 37x20e ;)
pionner home theater RCS-515H

inside box:
pentium 4 3ghz ht
gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H
1gb ddr2 goodram
some old and low price hdd
power supply from old machine...
and mce remote.

in future i want to add graphic card and change cpu, use CF card as a harddrive for system with mediaportal and big lan disk for having movies on it. i want to buy slim dvd or br on usb to connect it and place in front ;)

computer is connected to tv with hdmi cable with 1080p connection and 5.1 sound :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Nice case :D !!!

Im in your side, i think there is no need for a 200Euro case, dont get me wrong they look great and i wish i had one, but i preffer spending that money in better hardware than in the case.

Right now im using an old tower case, no side panel, looks awfull, but does the job :p

Just take care on heating issues. heat + carton is not a good combination. try plastic maybe, still cheap and its way safer.

wacki4

Portal Member
    August 11, 2007
    Wroclaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    no way ;) it doesn't get hot... and it only is for watching movies - so 2 hours of movie, and 10 hours brake :) and motherboard is on special wooden frame, so it has space between carton and itself ;) i want only to make it one day something like no-noise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom