Causes for stuttering TV (1 Viewer)

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guys,

Thanks very much for the help and advice. I still suffer from stuttering TV. I do not have a wireless card, but will go through the process of disabling running apps to see if that helps. the frustrating thing is that TV works so well with the hauppauge viewer that I have fallen into a pattern of exiting Mediaportal when i want to watch TV. Not ideal.

I will let you know what i discover.

Ghaz

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Old thread but I feel I had to add to it.

I've been battling with MP for a short time now and while I love certain things about it, particularly certain features I use often such as Internet Radio, recording HDTV/management, I find myself disappointed with the TV side of things. My Movies and the lack of resume or fastforward/rewind in .avis bothers me, but not as much as the TV2. I just can't get it flawlessly smooth, no matter what I do. I follow every thread, fiddle with every parameter and still no luck.

I believe the problem seems to lie with MP as I can use other software and have no problems, whatsoever (even if I use the exact same settings/codecs). I don't use that software because they just don't 'feel' as good as MP does.

Waiting on MP2, what can I say. I want to donate as I use the software daily but at the moment, I'm just not even close to being slightly satisfied.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi S.O.P.

Browsed your post but did not find anything related to what your problem is.

Could you:
    - Specify the problem you are having related to this topic?
    - List your fill in "my system" in user CP (and check it to make it viewable)?
    - Describe what OS, codecs etc you are using

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

I've never voiced my problem. I use The Search feature and filter through every single other thread on the board and use them as my benchmark to work off. Nor do I want to mess around with my system any more. I used to use all the SVNs and stay on the bleeding edge, also tried TV Server, but found myself, and in particular, my wife, had the best results with just the stock standard releases (best results = least problems)

Tonight, for example, a single 1080i show was stuttering. That's why I'm back here again. Plenty of CPU overhead, tried some different codecs, tried my other TV software (smooth as silk), read through some threads, tweaked some things and now that show is passed and it's not as bad.

Just updated my system list but you will find it not so helpful. I also use Powerstrip to change my refresh rate based on source. I've tried everything I feel. And to make it clear, it's not always happening, certain shows, certain resolutions, certain audio sync problems, you can never tell when it is going to strike. Oh, and hopefully after reading some threads I hope to have finally solved the black screen/hang/crash scenario when a DVD is inserted.

I'm not looking for help, I was just venting. Keep up the good work and hopefully MP2 puts you out in front of the pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom