Codecs CCCP or LAV Filters - what's what? and how do I get HD audio? (1 Viewer)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am running the CCCP codec pack and have been using this for over a year. I have been reading about LAV filters and want to know what the difference is between these two packs. Which one can I use to get HD audio from my BD rips?

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Should be as simple as enabling bitstreaming in LAV audio settings, then your external amplifier controls the audio.

sshot-1.png

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Lovely -= thanks for the response Ray - appreciate your help. Am I right in thinking that you're saying LAV filters are included in the CCCP codec pack (or in Mediaportal) ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    We hate codec packs ;)

LAV filters are being supplied as part of the 1.3.0alpha onwards installation, these now cover just about every form of video acceleration in current existence, and with just these 3 filters (video\audio\splitter) installed allow playing of any video file inside of MP.

So hopefully we avoid people entering into what we call "codec hell", which if you have ever been there is not a nice place to be.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Sounds cool - I certainly don't want to enter codec hell! I am running mp1.2.3 and am not yet ready to move to 1.3alpha since my system is stable. If I started installing alpha builds and things went wrong my family would go rioting and pillaging through my house :).

Is there a standalone installer I can use to get the lav codecs onto my system? Will a google search yield the desired result?

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi ay129

Sorry to barge in with my questions but they might interest you too.

Paranoid Delusion,

Currently MP1.3a comes with LAV Filters 0.51.2. Also the latest version in the MP extension installer is LAV Filters 0.51.2.
    The latest version of LAV Filters is: Latest Version: 0.51.3 – 2012/07/19.

Also on the http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/downloads/list LAV Filter project page there is an installer, 32 bit & 64 bit version.
    What version is shipped with MP1.3a? How can I check?

Also when I use the official LAV Filters installer to install LAV Filters and skipping the MP1.3a LAV Filters installation the LAV Filters codecs do not show the in the MediaPortal configuration tool.

I have been in codec hell numerous times and LAV Filters are a godsend! ;)
    Now I'm interested in running the latest x64 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom