cd/dvd burning and editing recorded tv shows (1 Viewer)

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
feedmeastraycat said:
Archive - A script to automatically compress to xVid (or whatever codec you prefer) flagged or old recorded tv shows to save disk space. It could have a bunch of preset dimensions and compression settings to choose from. It could be set to run at night while idle.

This should be quite easy to write, why don't you try to write one yourself?
All you need is notepad and a command line encoding software like ffmpeg (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php).
Writing scripts isn't hard and there are loads of pages on the internet giving help on how to do it. Basically you will be able to start writing your scripts in ten minutes.

feedmeastraycat said:
Once archived one could:

Publish - A script to upload to ftp, or use BattleTorrent ( http://www.downhillbattle.org/labs/battletorrent/ ) to automatically create and publish torrents of videos(or any media) to a blog.

This could be a little harder but i'm sure you could figure the ftp uploading out. I have very little experience on bit torrent so i have no idea what would be required there.

/Peter

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
This should be quite easy to write, why don't you try to write one yourself?
All you need is notepad and a command line encoding software like ffmpeg (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php).
Writing scripts isn't hard and there are loads of pages on the internet giving help on how to do it. Basically you will be able to start writing your scripts in ten minutes.
Yes, but I am a lazy man.. :)
Anyway, I've done plenty of python and Maya MEL scripting, just haven't started any Windows scripting... I guess it's time to learn eh? But if i'm going to do that, i might as well get #develop installed and get to programming actual plugins. I wish that creating plugins didn't require so much overhead, most plugins aren't going to be any more complicated than windows scripts anyway.... alas.

lugiber said:
This could be a little harder but i'm sure you could figure the ftp uploading out. I have very little experience on bit torrent so i have no idea what would be required there.
/Peter
I would recommend checking out BlogTorrent. It's really quite cool if your into torrents. It makes creating and posting .torrents a 2-click process. I'd like to reduce it to one click with a remote control.
Imagine if everyone's TiVo had an RSS feed with .torrents of recorded TV shows.... I think it would be a killer app for a media center.

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
1.) Launches graphedit and converts the recording from dvr-ms to mpeg2
If you want to do this manually follow dman_lfcs excellent guide here:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1428
/Peter

Hi Peter!

I read that thread and I gave graphedit a go a few days ago. I have figured out how it works and played around a bit with the different filters but couldn't get it going. There are tons of Cyberlink and other filters. Cyberlink has shows two dump filters and also two muxers, but they just don't connect. I've tried other combinations too, but nothing got along well enough to give me a file.

I have checked my hard disk for the file names mentioned, I have found the mux file with a PD prefix (PowerDirector version I guess), the dump file is not there. So I suppose I got the wrong filters an need to add a few more? "The ones I have sport the same name in several cases, how can I ever tell them apart???) Where can I find thos filters? Do I just copy them in the directory?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I have not worked with anything like this before and it is getting very frustrating. Isn't it possible to write a plugin for all of us weary souls out there that promts you for the file name and then writes into a mpg file with the same name?

Or better still, can't MP be persuaded to just write to mpg like any other program does as all conversions eventually deteriorates the data.

Chris

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
1.) Launches graphedit and converts the recording from dvr-ms to mpeg2
If you want to do this manually follow dman_lfcs excellent guide here:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1428
/Peter

Hi Peter,

I have managed to get files out of graphedit now. I have played the video and audio files seperately, they look good, so I decided to give cuttermaran a try. It worked once and was really fast. But when I try to load any other video file it now says it is already added and then gives an "error reading project file". Now I have not saved a project file, and therefore cannot load one. It just won't let me do anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing happens. Any idea what this might be?

Chris

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Sorry, i am no expert on the program. Have you tried to close cuttermaran and re-starting it before adding a new file?
Also this problem might have to do with cuttermaran only being able to work with de-multiplexed files.
If that doesn't help i have no clue. Try asking on the cuttermaran mailinglist/forum (if there is any).

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom