CD-DVD Speed missing? (1 Viewer)

aelfinn

August 18, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: WinXP SP2

Is it just me or is "CD/DVD Speed" missing from the General configuration dialog? :confused:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yup, removed due to bugs reported, not sure if it will be in again.

Regards
    Roy

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just found this thread while searching for the CD/DVD speed. It looks to me that Nero Drive Speed and CD Bremse will slow down the CD/DVD rotation for all inserted disks (or am I wrong). My very quiet HTPC has one problem: The DVDRW drive is noisy when it plays CDs (music) or DVDs (DVD films). In the past it was quiet thanks to MPs CD/DVD speed limiter, but this did not limt the speed of the DVDRW drive when using the drive to copy files in the windows file explorer.

I sure hope this tool is fixed and put back in MP.

thatsenough

June 3, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    the problem with both cdbremse and drivetool is that when you resume from a standby, the settings are reset in the drive and neither programs updates the settings again. That's at least the case with my system.

Kossan

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I miss the speedsettings in Mediaportal.
    CDbremse cost money and Nero is no good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom