Certification not importing (1 Viewer)

m47een

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Cheadle
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Yesterday I moved from MP RC 1 to RC 4 I did a complete fresh install and also installed latest version StreamedMP which includes Moving Pictures. I did notice that when importing data Moving Pictures was no longer importing certification info, is this a valid change or bug? or have I not selected the option somewhere?

Thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is already fixed and will be included in 1.0 Final which should be coming out very soon. In the meantime, here is the updated script, if you want to manually load the updated script yourself.

Attachments

• IMDb.xml
    14 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi fforde!

How are those internal alfa version tests going? Any new bugs? Any problem?

Really looking forward to try the final version of Moving Pictures 1.0, you are doing a great job guys!

Best regards,

Aitor

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Hi is there a way to make the make the script look for US certification first, if not found then look for Australian, if not found then look for UK.

I ask this because every now and then some movies they don't have US certification and have to enter it manually.

Thanks a lot.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I ask this because every now and then some movies they don't have US certification and have to enter it manually.

Please provide the movie titles, or preferably IMDb.com URLs which failed for you.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi, here are some of them:

Not every movie goes through the process of obtaining an MPAA rating. Some of those are the ones you mentioned. The scraper could be improved to support the "USA:Not Rated" certification that for example 'Che' shows, but in reality showing nothing (which is what it used now) gives that same result.

Using a non-USA rating system becomes a dangerous game, for reasons of different morality. Nudity for example is one of those issues that an EU-country rating is going to be much different on then the USA rating.

Since imdb.com is user contribution based as well, it is more helpful to sign up and contribute the correct ratings then. Which according to Amazon.com is 'R' for Che.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom