Ceton CableCard TV tuner with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Hey everyone, just got my Ceton TV tuner installed and working today. Problem I have now is that MediaPortal TV Server does not detect any of the tuners. Someone on here had a picture of their Tv-server config open showing the 4 tuners but i dont know how to get them to be detected...

Also, do I make two hybrid cards out of the 4 tuners? or do i just leave leave it as 4 separate tuners?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7
CPU Type: Core2Duo
HDD: 4TB
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: 8800GT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Ceton CableCard Tuner
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey everyone, just got my Ceton TV tuner installed and working today. Problem I have now is that MediaPortal TV Server does not detect any of the tuners. Someone on here had a picture of their Tv-server config open showing the 4 tuners but i dont know how to get them to be detected...

Also, do I make two hybrid cards out of the 4 tuners? or do i just leave leave it as 4 separate tuners?
    Hi there

I'm a little confused by your post. First you say "just got my Ceton TV tuner installed and working today". Then you say "MediaPortal TV Server does not detect any of the tuners". I guess you mean that the tuner/s is working in WMC7? I've seen the other thread where the user has the tuners detected. He mentioned disabling Media Center - perhaps that is required. I take it you have restarted your computer since installing the card...

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010

Hi there

I'm a little confused by your post. First you say "just got my Ceton TV tuner installed and working today". Then you say "MediaPortal TV Server does not detect any of the tuners". I guess you mean that the tuner/s is working in WMC7? I've seen the other thread where the user has the tuners detected. He mentioned disabling Media Center - perhaps that is required. I take it you have restarted your computer since installing the card...

yes sorry i wasnt clear.

i have the tuners working in windows media center but no tuners are detected in MP TV-server.

i have:
    -installed the tuner (obviously)
    -restarted several times
    -uninstalled MP TV-server
    -reinstalled TV-server

---still doesnt detect the tuners. is there an updated file i need that has information on this card? or should it simply be automatically detected?

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    bump....

please anyone know how to add a tuner to MP that is not recognized? someone else on this forum had it added but hes not responding to messages, please let me know if you can help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bump....

please anyone know how to add a tuner to MP that is not recognized? someone else on this forum had it added but hes not responding to messages, please let me know if you can help!

Hmm, I don't know how I missed your response to me. Sorry...

I think the key thing that is mentioned on one of the threads that I read was this:

Default install of MediaPortal, following the instructions as best as I can. First program to run after install is TV-Server Configuration. disabled Media Center via "Additional 3rd Party checks".

After that, restart TV Server.

Are you using the same drivers as trev123 (20101027_1_0_1_17)?

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    okay so ive done a fresh install of mediaportal a few times now, where is the "disable media center via "3rd party plugin options'?

--is that under TVConfig or MPConfig?

also, i was under the impression that once you have installed TV-server, there is no way for it to detect new TV Tuners you install without uninstalling TV-server and reinstalling it..?

ill try agian with those drivers, thanks for the idea

any other suggestions im open to as well!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

okay so ive done a fresh install of mediaportal a few times now, where is the "disable media center via "3rd party plugin options'?

--is that under TVConfig or MPConfig?
    TV Server configuration in the "Additional 3rd Party Checks" section.

also, i was under the impression that once you have installed TV-server, there is no way for it to detect new TV Tuners you install without uninstalling TV-server and reinstalling it..?
    Not at all! TV tuners are re/detected every time TV Server restarts. The TV Server always restarts when you restart your computer so new tuners would definitely be picked up after a reboot. You can also restart TV Server manually if you need to via the "manual control" section in TV Server configuration or the Windows service control "area". If you install a new tuner or update drivers then I strongly recommend that you restart your computer before tinkering with the tuners. Other than that, you'd be good to go as-is...

ill try agian with those drivers, thanks for the idea
    any other suggestions im open to as well!!
    It seems strange to me that TV Server was able to recognise the other users card but not yours. I've done a little research and discovered that these tuners used to be limited to only work in MC on Windows 7. Apparently that is not the case any more, however drivers and other Windows software updates might have had to have been rolled out to make that happen. If the driver that trev123 used doesn't make any difference then try doing your windows updates...

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    thanks for your help im trying hard here...

disabled the media center services under the 3rd party thing. stopped the TVserver service. restarted TV-server config, it asked if i wanted to turn on the TVserver service (i said yes of course).

still only detects the two built tuners to MP (DvbIP and RadioWebStream)... i installed the tuner about a week or two ago and i have restarted several times since then. as far as i know everything is updated.

the only thing i havent tried is different TVserver drivers or whatever... that means i gotta go find an old MP installer and install an old TVserver?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, you need to find the Ceton tuner drivers that trev123 used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom