Change and remove items from Basichome (2 Viewers)

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Change and remove items from Basichome

The Basichome file is located here:
....\Skin\Black & White 1080\BasicHome.xml

Remember to take a backup before you start modifying this file.
To edit it you have to open this file in a text editor. For example: Notepad. Word and similar programs are not recommended.

Each item on the Basichome page consists of four values: Hyperlink, icon, label and hover.

Hyperlink
The value is used to forward the user to the corresponding plug-in.

Icon
This is the icon in the middle of the item.

Label
This is the text label beneath the icon.

Hover
This is the large image on the right side, which fades in an out when you select an item.

How to change an item:

Each item consists of four lines; One for each value.

For example item 1:

<define>#item1hyperlink:1</define>
<define>#item1icon:basichome_tv.png</define>
<define>#item1label:605</define>
<define>#item1hover:hover_my tv.png</define>

You’ll need to replace the red text with the corresponding values for the plugin you wish to change it to. For a list of supported values:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/black-white-1080p-286/plugins-native-mediaportal-plugins-supported-black-white-1080-a-76528/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/black-white-1080p-286/plugins-supported-black-white-1080-a-76531/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/black-white-1080p-286/plugins-not-natively-supported-black-white-1080-a-76534/

How to remove an item:

Replace hyperlink with “35” and the three other values with “-”

<define>#item8hyperlink:35</define>
<define>#item8icon:-</define>
<define>#item8label:-</define>
<define>#item8hover:-</define>

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    indeed cheers for the tutorial.

lets hope some people will start posting there basichome.xml along with the icons etc.

cheers again

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

does this turorial still work as my basichome looks all wrong now :( I did copy back the media files but still not working! But still happy with the skin and all your hard work :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To edit it you have to open this file in a text editor. For example: Notepad. Word and similar programs are not recommended.

I'm finding XML Notepad handy at adjusting and moving XML around.... Makes it easy enough, even for me, to shuffle through the skin files to find and change things the way I want.

XML Notepad download page

Chuck

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

does this turorial still work as my basichome looks all wrong now :( I did copy back the media files but still not working! But still happy with the skin and all your hard work :)

If you get some white text on the top of the screen displaying, #location and #temp. You need download the latest version 0.6 R2. Version 0.6 had a bug, so I release v0.6 R2 just an hour later to fix this problem.

The only change in basichome xml v0.6+ from previous versions is 2 new lines to support RSS ticker and weather. Maybe you can attach a screenshot?

VashStampede

Portal Member
    August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks! It's a good and clear tutorial (so far only removed some items, but adding must be just as easy :))

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    A tip - you need to have the basichome_* folder for every icon on screen - otherwise thins go wierd! (trust me, i spent 30min trying to figure out what was wrong!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom