Change button image of "last.fm" (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
my XFace 1.7 uses the wrong image at the "Last.FM" button. It shows the right hover picture but at the Last.FM button XFace shows the image of "plugins" (or the image of "empty"). But in my media folder there are PNG files named with button_radio.png and buttonNF_radio.png. So why doesn't XFace use these buttons?

greetings
olli14

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    my XFace 1.7 uses the wrong image at the "Last.FM" button. It shows the right hover picture but at the Last.FM button XFace shows the image of "plugins" (or the image of "empty"). But in my media folder there are PNG files named with button_radio.png and buttonNF_radio.png. So why doesn't XFace use these buttons?

greetings
    olli14

It's "hover_last.fm radio.png" ;)

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv,
    MP shows the image of the file "hover_my radio.png" (the same image is saved in the file "hover_shoutcast.png")when using the "my Last.FM" button. I think that's right. But MP doesn't show the image of the file "button_radio.png" when selected or "buttonNF_radio.png" when not selected. Or did I understand you wrong?

greetings
    olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv,
    MP shows the image of the file "hover_my radio.png" (the same image is saved in the file "hover_shoutcast.png")when using the "my Last.FM" button. I think that's right. But MP doesn't show the image of the file "button_radio.png" when selected or "buttonNF_radio.png" when not selected. Or did I understand you wrong?

greetings
    olli14

Is there some who has an idea?
    In home screen I'm not using the rotating icon but the vertical button view.
    When the button "my Last.FM" is high lighted (or selected) then the image of the PNG file "hover_my radio.png" is shown on the right side of the screen. But my problem is: the small image shown on the button "my Last.FM" itself is not the image of the PNG file "button_radio.png". It's the image of the PNG file "button_empty".

How can I solve this small issue?

greetings olli14

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    change the name to hover_lastfm radio.png like rtv suggested then delete your cache folder and try again.

Unfortunately that's not going to fix olli14's problem - he's not talking about the hover image, he's talking about the button (and the image on that button) itself.

@ olli14 - I wish I could help you out but I'm trying to find the answer to this one myself (to enable a fading effect for that button in the BleazleWide skin). In most cases if the image file is named the same as what the plugin is called in MPConfig/Plugins you can specify a separate image for each button but for some reason this doesn't work with the Last.fm (or YouTube.fm) plugins. In the case of the XFace skin it's not really a big problem though because the default button is then used but that doesn't work for what I want to be able to do :( ...

If I work it out I'll let you know, plus I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone else knows the answer :)

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, here's the answer to olli14's question:

Firstly, to be clear, the question is about changing the button for the Last.fm plugin, it's not about the hover image.

1. Create 2 new button images:
    a) The first button has no shine effect - call it buttonNF_last.png
    b) The second button is the same as the first but has the shine effect - call it button_last.png
    2. Save the buttons to the XFace/Media directory
    3. Delete the XFace folder from your cache (not required but good practice and required if you do the following "fixes"..)
    4. Run MP/XFace, you should see your custom button :)
    Done!:D

From memory the Plugins button also uses the default "unfocused" button (buttonNF_empty.png). To fix this rename the buttonNF_plugins.png to buttonNF_My Plugins.png and the button_plugins.png to button_My Plugins.png . Then do steps 2~4 above...

Finally, when I was looking at XFace I noticed that the default button remains visible in the background while the menu scrolls and until it "settles" in the background. If you want to "fix" this rename the button_empty.png to button_emptyBAK.png and the buttonNF_empty.png to buttonNF_emptyBAK.png (just in case you decide you need them later). That will stop the images being used. This makes the menu look better (imho) but the problem is that if a button doesn't have a custom png file it will be empty (only the text will show) which isn't good but that's your call - if you use the "standard" plugins you should be fine, Harley has included images for the main ones. If there isn't a button you could always make one!

Hope this helps someone out - I'd better get back to making BleazleWide MP 1.0.1 compatible.

As always thanks to Harley for all the work he does on this stuff!

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom