nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I just tried to use the PureAudio plugin and I noticed a problem:

If I play music and change the direct sound audio output device from HDMI to SPDIF for example, the music output will not change until I stop it and restart the music again. Only MP system sound change immediately the output device. Is it possible to get this output change working for music withour restarting?

BTW: If I use the MP integrated DirectShow Player for music output its working as expected. With BASS player I have the same problem, but here I have to restart the whole MP application in order to get the new output device working -> bad ;)

Thanks!
nicx...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To be honest: i find the word "problem" a bit heavy for this :)

What do you need this for?
    I assume you have the plugin setup to use "Default Sound Device" and then change that device in the windows controlpanel?
    Do you want playback to change right away or when the next song starts? The latter is technically possible but im not sure if i want to spent time on that... its a bit complicated with gapless playback and all.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    your are right, i set the plugin to the default sound device and i can switch this device by my remote.

i need this for changing the audio device on the fly without waiting for the next song.

nicx...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    your are right, i set the plugin to the default sound device and i can switch this device by my remote.

i need this for changing the audio device on the fly without waiting for the next song.

nicx...

I may be stupid, but i dont see the point... Apart from that i dont see a possibility to make this work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom