[Approved] Change "Edit Recording" to "Edit Schedule" (gb) (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I felt the "Edit Recording" menu option (string id=637) when clicking on a scheduled recording in the EPG was a bit confusing, as it suggests you're going to actually edit the file, so I've changed it to "Edit Schedule" for myself and am submitting it here in case anyone else thinks this is a good idea, as suggested by mm1352000 in this thread

I've never done this before, so I hope I've done it right :)

Attachments

• strings_en.xml
    94.5 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Approving this.

Should 638 be 'New schedule' ? I don't have access to a MP system with TV today, so I can't check.

Mark

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would probably define a recording as something that has already occurred, and a schedule as a planned recording in the future. Poll! ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I would probably define a recording as something that has already occurred, and a schedule as a planned recording in the future. Poll! ;)

That's the point.

When is 638 used? If in the 'schedules' screen then it should be changed as well.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Approving this.

Should 638 be 'New schedule' ? I don't have access to a MP system with TV today, so I can't check.

Mark

It's "New Recording" at the moment but I'm not sure where that appears. The menu just shows "Record" if the programme isn't already set to Record.

I don't think "New Recording" has the same potential for confusion that "Edit Recording" does but it might be an idea to change it to keep things consistent.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hopefully I can check this out later.

The easiest way to check this would be to change it to something completely random so you can see where it is.

I won't have access to a PC with TV plugin until this evening, so if someone else can find this it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom