Change font in home screen (1 Viewer)

sajberman

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Lindome
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to change the home screen font?
I know that i can change mediastream font size but i want to change to a new font.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is it possible to change the home screen font?
I know that i can change mediastream font size but i want to change to a new font.

It is possible but the change will effect the whole skin, currently StreamedMP uses all 19 font definations in fonts.xml.

basichome uses mediastream16tc and mediastream28tc used in 98 and 12 files respectifly - so changing these to use a differnet font from the current 'Fluid Title Caps' font would also effect large parts of the skin both in look and possibily formatting.

Having said that you can change the fonts used by editing the fonts.xml file and changing the filename tag for each font. I have been looking a new fonts on and off for a while but yet to find something the works - if you do find something that you think will suit and we are allowed to use please let us know.

thx

sajberman

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Lindome
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thx for your answer trevor, i have tested xbmc for a while and i really love the font in AEON MQ2 skin.
I just wanted to test how it would look in streamedMp skin as i am planning to stick to MP in the future.
I am not a skinning guru so my skills are noob but i wanted to test it anyway, but i don't know were to put the font?
I know the xml to change..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Change font in home screen

Put it in the fonts.xml. Should be in skinfolder..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
    Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
    Until MP 1.31 I was able to change the Videos home screen button to Moving Pictures: MediaPortal Configuration -> GUI -> Skin ->...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
    MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom