[Rejected] Change GuiDialogMenu from label to fadelabel (x2) (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

It has always annoyed me, that long titles have been a problem in DialogMenu.xml

These are currently "labels" and this means that you cannot make the dialog too narrow, or you will cut off text. This is especially a problem in Recorded TV, since the dialog displays the full title of the recording.

My suggestion is simple, just change the two controls with ID's 4 and 5 to fadelabels.

Unfortunately this means that the skin-file will have to change as well, or you will get an exception in MediaPortal and the dialog will not show.

Please consider this for 1.1.0 RC1.

I have attached the simple patch, created against 1.1.0 Alpha, but this file hasn't had any modifications since January, so any version after that will actually do.

I think this dialog is the only one that outputs really long strings, all the others are strings defined in the language-file, therefore I think they can stay the same.

Attachments

• patch for GuiDialogMenu.cs.patch
      30.7 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    without modifying skin this patch breaks dialogs function (accessing controls from code might cause execptions, when same id is used by another control type in skin)

so I at least b3(w) patch should be added also. but I'm not sure if your patch will accepted

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'll just quote myself ;)

Unfortunately this means that the skin-file will have to change as well, or you will get an exception in MediaPortal and the dialog will not show.

There is no need to change any ID's as the change will not conflict with other ID's in the window. I can't see that it should be neccesary to supply a patch that replaces "label" with "fadelabel" but if I need to I will of course do it.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can add that My TV-Series uses the DialogMenu, and an example from this dialog could be:

"The following Series supports multiple Order Options: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"

Try and fit THAT in a label ;)

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Pilehave I can see the value in your chage, but in the current condition, the patch is rejected due to that it will break existing skins.
    If you can provide another patch that is backwards compatible we will gladly review it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom