Change the path where Media Portal saves recorded programs? (1 Viewer)

leatherwood

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
I woke up this morning to an error saying my C drive only has 2mb left. After tracking down what caused this problem, it turned out to be almost 3gb of recorded shows. My C drive is a 5gb partition, and the only thing i install on it is Windows. My D partition is 75gb, thats where all my data is stored. How do i go about changing the recorded folder to be D:/Videos/Recorded ?

I looked around in the MP Setup, but could not find anything.

byrialsen

January 3, 2005
Hi,

You can find it here

1. Start MP Setup
2. Choose "Television -> Capture Cards" in threeview
3. Choose capture card and press edit button
4. Choose tabsheet "Recordings"

...and here you go

ookmich

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
How can it be that Mediaportal changes the location where my programs are saved?

For three times already I changed it manually to d:\video as described. But after some time, it appears to be changed back to c:\......\my documents\my recorded programs\ or something like that.

Is this a known bug?

Mediaportal version: 0.1.3.0
TV-card: Hauppauge DVR 500 MCE

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ookmich said:
    Is this a known bug?
    Not that I am aware of - I have mine set to D:\TV Recordings and it has never changed.

Your Hauppauge DVR 500 MCE is a dual tuner - do you have the tv recording directory set correctly for both tuners?

C

CheesyMcfly

This happens to me as well!

I wake up in the morning, and find that a recording has stopped because it was saved to the C drive and ran out of space! Generally it seems to happen once every 2 - 3 weeks.

And I only have one tuner card

rjaeger

September 2, 2004
    i can confirm that this has happened to me as well with 1.2 (possibly 1.3...i can't remember which). the recordings directory changed to one of my video playback directories and the config app would crash whenever i tried to change it back.

ookmich

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    do you have the tv recording directory set correctly for both tuners?

Yes, I have set it for both tuners.

I've recently upgraded to a recent version of 0.2.0 RC1. I haven't found out whether the same problem exists in this version....

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I've never seen it change by itself, but somewhere about the time of .1.2 it defaults to the MyDocuments directory when you re-install a card.

Whenever I add or heavily edit (ie remove and re-install) I have to make sure to change the recording directory back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom