Change the scrolling speed/delay of preview text in MovingPictures (1 Viewer)

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
October 25, 2009
Hey guys - absolutely love this plugin. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the scroll delay of the preview text for a movie? For example, when I select a movie, I'm still busy looking at the pictures and the title, cast etc, and a few seconds later the movie preview text starts scrolling. I dont have enough time to read it so I normally select another movie and come back, and start spam reading. Its annoying.

Increasing the time before it starts scrolling would be the best option, changing the scroll speed would be my 2nd option as I dont read at a snails pace rofl.

THANKS!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The delay it which text starts to scroll is something defined by the skinner. What skin are you using?

If you want to handle it yourself, you could find the <textboxscrollup> control in the skinfile and either edit or add the following property: <scrollStartDelaySec>x<scrollStartDelaySec>

Where 'x' is the number of seconds before it waits to scroll.

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    I'm using Streamed MP. I checked the skin folder, /documents and settings ...../Streamed MP. Tons of XML docs in there but I dont know which one to open an edit. Would I need to edit it in the MovingPictures XML or the base skin? If so, please let me know what directory and I will go find it.

Thanks man!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Check the movingpictures.xml first, if its in there you can delete it and just add it to references.xml which controls the default behaviour for skin controls in all XMLs.

I think this deserves a setting a setting in the StreamedMP setup to control the default delay of all textboxscrollup controls.

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    I think this deserves a setting a setting in the StreamedMP setup to control the default delay of all textboxscrollup controls.

Agreed! Thanks man, will check it out.

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    Update: Dude, Streamed MP has a menu setting for scroll speed, but not scroll delay. Thought you may be interested.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    The delay it which text starts to scroll is something defined by the skinner. What skin are you using?

If you want to handle it yourself, you could find the <textboxscrollup> control in the skinfile and either edit or add the following property: <scrollStartDelaySec>x<scrollStartDelaySec>

Hey ltfearme,

Thanks for this info... I want to give this a go in StreamedMP. Which file exactly do I need to edit? I am having trouble finding it :oops:

I did a text search through files for those options and couldn't locate anything.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Hey ltfearme,

Thanks for this info... I want to give this a go in StreamedMP. Which file exactly do I need to edit? I am having trouble finding it :oops:

I did a text search through files for those options and couldn't locate anything.

Thanks

Its possible that its not in the skin xmls that you currently have installed. I know they are definitely in the latest SVN ;)

Try movingpictures.details.xml for textbox in details view. Try movingpictures.listview.xml for textbox in listview etc. At most there will be one TextBoxScrollUp control so if it doesnt have the <scrollStartDelaySec> property you need to add it.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Its possible that its not in the skin xmls that you currently have installed. I know they are definitely in the latest SVN ;)

Try movingpictures.details.xml for textbox in details view. Try movingpictures.listview.xml for textbox in listview etc. At most there will be one TextBoxScrollUp control so if it doesnt have the <scrollStartDelaySec> property you need to add it.

I am using the older version of the StreamedMP skin because I haven't updated to the new version of Media Portal yet.

Maybe I should just wait, because, I am using the list view and don't have the above mentioned file in my directory.

May be easier to wait until MP is out of RC and then I can update both Media Portal and the StreamedMP skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom