Changed network location config importer stopped working? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Basically I installed a new server. My import path originally was E:/Movies. I have mapped the new drive location on the server to my PC as drive E: as a mapped network drive and the movies are still basically E:/Movies.

Everything appears to work OK, new movies get added automatically when firing up mepo but the problem ones (where I presume it doesnt find a good enough match) which require me to go to the config menu to use the movie importer manually are causing me issues.

When I goto the importer, it doesnt seem to look for new files? If I hover over the E:/Movies location in Media Location I notice it says "Online False".. Now that location is there as a mapped drive on my PC and is definately accessible. But I think I need to add it like \\myserver\location\movies.. because it then shows as Online. However doing this makes it start to re-add all my 900+ movies!!

So my question.. what do I do? I noticed if I drop down the - button in the Media Location section theres an option "Toggle Replaced". I think this is my solution but I'm scared to hit it because I dont really know whats going to happen and cant see anything in the wiki. Will doing this cause me to re add and have to approve them all again? or will it just update all my existing movies on their own? I dont fancy having to manually recreate my entire libary again! What does actually happen using this option?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok bit the bullet and jumped in, toggled my existing location as replaced and then added the new UNC path to the movies folder on my new server as a new watch location.. and it worked a treat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom