Changing channels locks TV + recommended settings for 2 DVB cards? (1 Viewer)

Kimpsu

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
I'll post this in a thread of it's own:

Not sure if this is related to multiple DVB tuners, but I have an issue when changing channels that sometimes it does not change it, but I have to change it back to some other channel and then back to the one I tried before, then it works again.

I have currently set both my cards (Twinhan Cab-CI 2033 Mantis) to record and watching tv, in order to allow recording two channels at the same time. I also have timeshifting enabled

Now my main question is should I configure them somehow else? Like watching only with card1, and recording with both? Or maybe record on card2 only, and watching + timeshifting on card1 only? Recording on only one card is not that big of a problem, just that I have set it to record 5 mins longer than the specified time of programs ending, cause during evening some channels seem to be late of schedule. That causes the tiny problem of sometimes not having the chance to record that 5 mins of extra.

And, if I only have card1 set for viewing, and both cards for recording, does it always select card2 as the first recorder? Just asking cos I would not like my card1 to be busy viewing and recording, and card2 being idle, and me not being able to change the channel I am viewing.

I wonder if my post made any sense

It seems I need to set both cards for recording, since I have timeshifting enabled, in order to be able to watch a program with timeshifting and recording another, am I right? Or is timeshifting related to viewing only, so that I could set card1 for viewing and card2 for recording So maybe the best configuration would indeed be to set card1 for both viewing and recording, and card2 for recording only? Note that I always have timeshifting enabled.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo e6300
HDD: Seagate 80GB + Seagate 250GB
Memory: 1024MB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5V-VM DH
Motherboard Chipset: VIA P4M890
Motherboard Bios: Phoenix-Award (P5V-VM DH BIOS version 0901)
Video Card: GeForce 6200 TC 256
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 93.71
Sound Card: High Definition Audio, ADI AD1986A
Sound Card AC3: optical out
1. TV Card: Twinhan Cab-CI 2033
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.0
2. TV Card: Twinhan Cab-CI 2033
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.0
HTPC Case: Antec NSK2400-EC
Cooling: Nexus case fans + CPU cooler
Power Supply: Antec 380W
Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
TV: Hyundai 37" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Kimpsu

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
It seems I was wrong about this configuration thing, tried to enable watching tv for card1, disabling it for card2 and disabling recording on both cards, and timeshifting still worked.

So while I wait and see if this has any effect on the changing channels and locking issue, I just decided to post my new configuration, that is so that card1 has only tv viewing enabled, and card2 has only recording enabled. That still enables me to record another channel while timeshifting another.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you got diffent priorities set up for each card

ie card 1 priority 10
    card 2 priority 1

May make a diffence when viewing one channel (priority 10) and recording (priority1).

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The is still an error in the current SVN regarding the useForTV flag.
    It is NOT USED. If you have two cards and one with the useForTV flag NOT SET and record with the other card the first with the flag not set is used.
    I already posted a fix for this on the sourceforge page some days ago.
    Hope it will soon be included.

Kimpsu

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Have you got diffent priorities set up for each card

ie card 1 priority 10
    card 2 priority 1

May make a diffence when viewing one channel (priority 10) and recording (priority1).

Yes, card1 has a priority of 10 and card2 has 1. They are the default values.

Kimpsu

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Happened again, so it was not because of both cards set for viewing and recording.

Not sure if this was related, but the time of the error is at least somewhat correct in relation to that error:

2007-01-26 17:27:58.437500 [ERROR][6]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() FAILED capture filter not found
    2007-01-26 17:27:58.703125 [ERROR][6]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() FAILED capture filter not found

Any ideas?

Kimpsu

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Happened again, so it was not because of both cards set for viewing and recording.

Not sure if this was related, but the time of the error is at least somewhat correct in relation to that error:

2007-01-26 17:27:58.437500 [ERROR][6]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() FAILED capture filter not found
    2007-01-26 17:27:58.703125 [ERROR][6]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() FAILED capture filter not found

Any ideas?

Nope, it wasn't related, that error appeared again in the logs, even though no visible error happened.

Kimpsu

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'll try older (1.0.1.9) drivers for my twinhans tomorrow, instead of 1.0.3.0, and I'll post if it happens again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom