Changing fonts (teletext and subs) (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
** This is a cross post. I haven't had any answers in Media Talk...
** On second though I figured it would be better to post it here
** I hope I haven't upset anyone by doing this.

I have tried to find ways of tweaking the the looks of my Teletext and the sub titles on my movies (divx, xvid etc).

1. I haven't found where to change fonts for teletext. Is it there somewhere?
2. I have tried to change the subtitle font (both face and size) under Movies, Subtitles but it doesnt have any effect. Am I doing things wrong?

If anyone has any ideas I would be really greatful.

/Moltas

McChots

Portal Pro
August 2, 2006
Johannesburg
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
If you mean the fonts for the subtitles in the movie, I 99% sure those are embedded in the movie. I haven't used subtitles before but i think plugins like ffdshow might allow you to customise those settings.

Same thing with teletext, its a standard that is broacast as you see it.(I could be wrong)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I think teletext is broadcast as character codes, not as a subpicture like DVD subtitles. Teletext looks different on my two STBs, so I am guessing the rendering is up to the STB. I don't think there is a way to change teletext fonts at the moment, but I could be wrong on both accounts.

You can't change the font on DVD subtitles, but you should be able to on DivX, etc that have text based subtitles. I am not sure why the options in configuration are not working, have you tried the subtitle settings in VobSub or ffdshow?

Daniel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The font of teletext is hardcoded in MediaPortal, so you cannot easily change it. However, you are able to change it if you download the source code and modify the file TeletextPageRenderer.cs yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom