Changing from MySQL to MariaDB (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Avermedia is a combo TV/FM Radio tuner for Analog signals only. TV Server does still support the analog radio channels, at least it still has an option for specifically scanning the radio channels.
    Interesting. (y) It certainly looks as though selecting "Create Analog group" and then scanning for radio channels using the AverMedia tuner ought to work.

Does "TV Server" actually find any analogue radio channels? If you select an analogue radio channel and click "Preview" on the "Radio Channels" panel in "TV Server Config", does it actually play the channel?

Nothing has changed in "TV Server" for several years, and I cannot think of any config setting that might affect this. :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Interesting. (y) It certainly looks as though selecting "Create Analog group" and then scanning for radio channels using the AverMedia tuner ought to work.

Does "TV Server" actually find any analogue radio channels? If you select an analogue radio channel and click "Preview" on the "Radio Channels" panel in "TV Server Config", does it actually play the channel?

Nothing has changed in "TV Server" for several years, and I cannot think of any config setting that might affect this. :confused:

Here's another funny thing, I'd laugh if I wasn't spending so much time on it. I just laughed at myself anyway :LOL:

So, Last night I left the server in the condition where the TV Guide was fine and all the channels were visible. I hadn't loaded up any radio channels and that Guide was messed up just like the pictures I posted in my original posts. (no labels etc.) So today, after I loaded up MP2 so I would have an emergency backup (that went fine by the way), I went back and loaded up the radio channels and boom! The radio guide was now fine. Flipped back over to the TV guide and... you guessed it, borked again just like before.

To answer your question, yes the channels (TV and Radio) all work fine with the preview. It's just the guide that's borked up. I've tried adding more groups, renaming groups, removing groups (including the analog group) and nothing seems to make any difference. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and do an inspection of the tables in the database. At least as good as I can. I figured out the groups in the database once before so I'm going to look at that first.

Oh, one other thing, it's probably already obvious but, my other client mirrors the problem on the server.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well I appreciate your help. Just one last thing, on reboot, the only error that pops up right away is this one in the Mediaportal log, there are no errors in the Server log, and that seems strange. Is it possible to change the level of debug to get something more detailed?

[2020-11-07 05:58:08,649] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad() Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Site : Void ReLoad() Source : TvPlugin Stack Trace: at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is it possible to change the level of debug to get something more detailed?
    The "MP client" and "TV Server" have separate settings for the level of detail in their respective logs. The DEBUG level gives the most amount of detail, and both products support this level.

You can set the log level in the "General" section (left side menu) in the config tool for each product. This section is at the top of the side menu for the "MP client", and about a third of the way from the top for "TV Server".

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    The "MP client" and "TV Server" have separate settings for the level of detail in their respective logs. The DEBUG level gives the most amount of detail, and both products support this level.
    Ok, thanks! I was hoping there might be an even more verbose level of debug that might be a little too wordy for most peoples tastes :)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, those first two PCs kicked my butt but my last install on my laptop worked like a charm. No issues at all (knock on wood). Check out those beautiful screenshots. AND, it's running on MariaDB which was the goal that got me into this mess.

I can't think of a single thing I did differently but it came right up. Now I just need to get what's working here on the machine across the room.

Attachments

• 14-44-46.png
      14-44-46.png
      589.5 KB
    • 19-22-54.png
      19-22-54.png
      651.4 KB

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    It might be worth checking in "TV Server Config" to verify that you have at least the "All channels" groups defined (one for TV, another for radio).
    So, today I abandoned MP2 due to there were too many things I relied on in MP1 that MP2 didn't have. So I was back to troubleshooting this problem again. I then saw that I had misread what CyberSimian wrote above. I did have the "All Channels" group for TV but for Radio, what I actually had was "Channels", not "All Channels". As soon as I added the "All Channels" group and restarted, both guides populate and displayed exactly like they should have. So, thanks for helping me out with that, even though it took me a few weeks to realize it. :D
    It seems like the setup should have created that group for me though.. maybe a future version could implement that.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    what I actually had was "Channels", not "All Channels"
    That panel is not quite as clear as it could be. :(

The first tab ("Channels") is simply a list of everything that "TV Server" found during the scan. You can re-order this tab as you want in order to locate channels in the list, and select and deselect channels to control what channels are available to the EPG.

The other tabs define the channels that appear in each channel group, of which there should be at least the "All Channels" group created automatically by "TV Server". This group contains all of the channels that you have selected, and you can order them differently from the "Channels" tab.

If you want, you can create additional channel groups, which appear as additional tabs. You can order the channels on these tabs differently from "Channels" or "All Channels". I have "All Channels" ordered by channel number, but my "Film Channels" and "News Channels" groups are ordered by channel name.

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and MP at the beginning of this year, and as far as I remember I did not have any problem with "TV Server" forgetting to create an "All Channels" group for radio. But I have seen this causing problems in years gone by, so perhaps there is some combination of circumstances that results in "TV Server" not creating "All Channels" for radio. :confused:

Be that as it may, well done on finally solving your problem. (y) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom