Changing satellites via diseqc rotor - TV dies (1 Viewer)

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 15291
MediaPortal Version: RC1 with 15291 SVN
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 with all .net updates
CPU Type: Athlon X2 1.9GHz dual core
HDD: 80 GB IBM "Deathstar"
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Motherboard: BioStar TF7050
Motherboard Chipset: nVidia 7050 nForce 630a
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: onboard nVidia 7050
Video Card Driver: 101.17
Sound Card: onboard RealTek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Twinhan 1025
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 1.2.3.8BDA
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia

I've been testing the diseqc motor support with the Twinhan 1025 DVB-S card.
When setting up the positions and scanning with TV Engine 3, I do not have any problems. The motor moves to the position that I tell it to and I can scan and find all of the expected channels.

The reproducible problem begins when I fire up Media Portal to watch TV.
First, I select My TV.
Then, I select Program Guide.
Next, I choose a channel that is on the satellite my dish is currently pointed to. For example, the dish is already pointing at AMC3, so I choose "TVU" at 3824 H 3617.
This will play fine.
I can then hit ESC to go back to the program guide and select "Spirit" which is in the same multiplex at 3824 H 3617.
This will also play fine.
However, if I go back to the guide and choose a channel which requires the dish to move, the problem will begin.
After a few seconds, the dish will move to the correct position ( I have verified this with my positioner box).
The dish will stop moving when it comes to the correct position for the new channel. However, the screen will stay on the program guide and will not respond. Eventually the Media Portal window will go black (Media Portal is idle, causing the screen saver). In the mean time, the dish has been told by the software to move back to the first satellite position in the list.

I have been able to consistently repeat the above events.

I am NOT using a diseqc switch. There is a built-in 22KHz switch on the LNBf that I am using, but I am not even using that at this time because I am only using the LNB that is connected to the 22KHz OFF port.

In the mediaportal.log, you can see that I tuned to channel named "3" at 19:40:56.453125. Then, attempted to change to channel "qubo" at 19:41:46.750000 which is on a different satellite than the first channel (3).

I definitely appreciate all of the hard work.

I forgot to mention that it looked like this issue was addressed in the changelog for the TV Server on 30, June 2007.

------------------------------------------------------------

My motor setup is probably not like the typical setup; however, I don't believe this has any bearing on the issue above. Details are below if necessary.

I am using a VboxII positioner box which accepts diseqc 1.2 motor commands and supplies 36V DC to the linear actuator on the big dish. The VboxII positioner already has all of my satellite positions stored in it, so instead of telling the TV3 diseqc motor setup to store the satellite positions, I manually entered the positions into the database.

Code:
1	1	117	17
2	1	121	25
3	1	112	10
NULL	NULL	NULL	NULL

Second column is card# ( I double checked this with the card table)
Third column is the satellite# (I double checked this with the satellite table)
Last column is the position# (I double checked this with the positions stored in my VboxII positioner).

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
Forgot to mention some info about the decoders...

I also tried the MPV/MPA decoders, but same result.

One interesting thing happened with the nVidia decoder. If you are familiar with this decoder, you will know that when it is in use, a small icon will appear in your quick launch bar down by the clock in Windows. When I received the black screen mentioned above, I could hit ESC and go back to the guide then select a channel again and it would start, but a second nvidia decoder icon would appear. I was also able to make a third icon appear by repeating this procedure.

Oh snap! Forgot to attach the TV Server log. I'll add that tonight.

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
Attached the TVServer Logs

TV.log indicates WAIT FOR PMT

You can see that it executed the diseqc commands ok too, which is good.

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
RESOLVED!!!

I changed two things at the same time, so I'm not sure which one fixed this issue.

1) Switched the Twinhan 1025 DVB-S card out with a Hauppauge Nova-S.
2) Changed the PMT timeout value in TV Server's General Settings from the default value to 30.

I suspect the PMT was timing out before the dish actually got to the new location (and consequently before the new stream could be picked up).

:D

kid

Portal Member
November 15, 2006
:confused: Hello
How to install 8 lnb and 8/1 multiswitch,how to config setup TVE3
astra1
astra2
hotbird13
sirius
amos
astra3