Changing series to another ID (wrongly recognized) (1 Viewer)

barabbas

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Hi,

I searched but couldn't find a solution to my problem. When importing my series, the plugin (falsely) recognized the new series Archer as the old one from 1975. I did not find a way to change that. I managed to change some of the data in the db manually, but that can't be a solution, can it? Any manual way?

Thanks a lot for your effort.

Edit: I deleted the entries in the db, disabled the import of "exact"ly recognized series and then chose the right series. But then the plugin only assigned one of the existing (and previously found) episodes to the series and ignored the others.

Thiagomux

December 4, 2007
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi Barabbas,

I'm pretty sure there are more skilled people to point you the more correct way of doing this but in my case what I did was access the "string replacement" and insert the string that matched thetvdb series name (it was "Brothers and Sisters" and became "Brothers & Sisters") and so it returned the correct match for the files I had.

In this topic you have some examples. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-asked-questions-read-first-76029/#post559407

Hope it helps you.

Mux

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

I searched but couldn't find a solution to my problem. When importing my series, the plugin (falsely) recognized the new series Archer as the old one from 1975. I did not find a way to change that. I managed to change some of the data in the db manually, but that can't be a solution, can it? Any manual way?

Thanks a lot for your effort.

Edit: I deleted the entries in the db, disabled the import of "exact"ly recognized series and then chose the right series. But then the plugin only assigned one of the existing (and previously found) episodes to the series and ignored the others.

Also while inside the GUI of MP-TVSeries, you can pull up the option menu while you are highlighting the show "Archer" inside the overview list. Then goto option "Force Online Match", and you will be able to select "Archer (2009)".

barabbas

Portal Member
    July 13, 2009
    Uhhh thanks. I feel dumb. Actually never opened up the GUI, just tried to to it from the configuration as I thought that, if there were an option to do what I wanted, it would be there.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Uhhh thanks. I feel dumb. Actually never opened up the GUI, just tried to to it from the configuration as I thought that, if there were an option to do what I wanted, it would be there.

You can do the same from within configuration screen, goto 'Details' and right click a show that is listed wrong.

But I figured you might prefer knowing about the GUI way, as it is much easier to spot mistakes and fix them right there, then to have to close MediaPortal and open configuration :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe something for the FAQ RoChess :)

If you guys think that menu item should be re-worded let me know, I think it could better describe what it does.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Maybe something for the FAQ RoChess :)

I planned on that ;)

Just need to find time in which wife isn't hogging HTPC, so I can make screenshots of the GUI as well to guide in the FAQ. Those can then find their way into manual on wiki. The Blue3Wide skin that I use should work for that, since it is more or less the "default" one.

barabbas

Portal Member
    July 13, 2009
    To be honest, I spend way more time customizing MP and the plugins than I do in the actual GUI. I got all my stuff in one dorm room and it's more comfortable to do what I want on my pc, I just got MP because it looks cool on my screen when I got people over.
    Anyway, of course I tried rightclicking the series in Details but the context menu doesn't offer any option to change the ID:
    vf5qw.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I thought the "Update" option did the same, but maybe my memory is failing on me. Perhaps the developers can add a "Force Online Match" option at this position then otherwise, I'll have to run some tests on my own setup as I create screenshots for the FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom