Changing the frequency scanned (1 Viewer)

scotstrength

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Prague
I am hoping there is a simple solution to this one hence i haven't included my pc specs.
I have a winfast DTV 1000s card and am currently living in prague, czech republic. When i try to scan for channels using the country and city feature it scans the 8mhz frequency and finds none when i scan other countries close by nothing. It is only when i scan kiev in the ukraine that i get 5 of the channels i am supposed to get!
When i use the winfast software i get the 10 channels and 5 radio stations that i was expecting. However if i also use the city country selector i get nothing.....to obtain the channels i receive i have to select western europe and 7/8 mhz out of a drop down menu for it to pick up the channels.
I have down some searching through the forums but can only find analog tuning tweaks is there a way to select specifics with a dvb-t card like this in my current location?
If it makes any difference i won't actually be using the server to stream tv, the htpc is the sole client for watching tv on.
All help appreciated,

Cheers

scotstrength

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Prague
Hmmm well i seem to be getting somewhere... so i get the 5 channels when i scan kiev in the Ukraine and then i managed to get another 4 plus some radio stations when i scanned Vilnius in Lithuania!! Now i don't want to go through every country in the MP scanning menu to obtain all the channels. Is there some way that i can find out the frequencies set in MP for the specific countries? that way because i know the frequencies i am looking for i would know which countries/cities to scan unless someone can give me an idea as to how i can manually scan for the channels that i am missing??
Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom