Channel 4 (4od) (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like the streams use some sort of DRM/Encryption that is beyond my capabilities. There's a discussion here about it, maybe someone with more knowledge than me can help with this??

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Unfortunately there is no specification how to work with encrypted streams (existing documentation is not enough for implementing decryption).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah I just get "Error getting playback URLs for video" with 4oD. Demand5 has a buffering problem and the videos on ITV Player just have a bright green screen for me.

iPlayer is the only one that works right now. :(

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yeah I just get "Error getting playback URLs for video" with 4oD. Demand5 has a buffering problem and the videos on ITV Player just have a bright green screen for me.

iPlayer is the only one that works right now. :(
    Demand5 has encrypted FLV streams (content is encrypted), which results to "buffering problem" - anyway there is no option, how to play these streams :( For ITV player can you post logs? I think that @Brownard is investigating problem with 4oD.

cwaite

Portal Member
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    I see that the XBMC plugin for 4od now automatically streams channel 4 shows from youtube if a suitable stream cannot be found on 4od. Is there anychance of doing something similar with the Mediaportal plugin?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just updated the site with the youtube workaround, the shows may appear a couple of days later on youtube and there are no US shows either so there may still be a few unplayable videos.

treboR2Robert

Portal Member
    November 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi thanks for applying the youtube fix, I have noticed that a few more programs are working now.

It would be great to see them all working eventually, I wish I had the know how to help out.

Anyway great work, I look forward to seeing more updates (y)

cwaite

Portal Member
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    It appears that most programmes uploaded to 4ods You Tube site since around 28th/29th November 2012 are now encrypted and cannot be played through Mediaportal, but Mumbai's Party Police, Captive: The Sex Slave Girl, The Aristocrats - Goodwood, Hugh Grant Taking on the Tabliods.

Last night when I tested it I could still play Hollyoaks and 4thought.tv and most programmes that were put on youtube before 28th/29th November but this morning these will not play either, it seems you tube are encrypting all of Channel 4s youtube programmes at present.

Hope someone can update onlinevideos to support encrypted streams soon and get this excellent plugin back on track with all 5 main uk tv channels.

Users who are viewing this thread