Channel Change fails due to Service ID change (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Bleazle Wide V8
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Athlon X2 4850e
HDD: 32 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M3N78-VM
Video Card: Gainward Geforce 9400 GT 1 GB
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.01.01.501
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Power DVD 9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Unitymedia NRW
HTPC Case: Suitcase out of Hardware-Store
Cooling: 2 low noise Fans
Power Supply: Silentmaxx 350w
Remote: Logitech 525
TV: Samsung 32" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

we already discussed the Problem in this Thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/tv-server-log-tv-server-log-pmt-pid-wasnt-found-pat-94233/#post724214

The Problem is, that after pressing the button for changing the channel, we get the error:

"Graph could not be started" "Timeshift could not be started"

This seems to be due to the change of the Service ID of the channel. The TV-Server does not recognize the change and after switching to the channel with the new SID, channel change fails.

Logs of TV-Server are also already attached here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/graph-could-not-started-94261/

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This seems to be due to the change of the Service ID of the channel. The TV-Server does not recognize the change and after switching to the channel with the new SID, channel change fails.
    In DVB terms, the SID is the channel though. If this changes then MP by design will treat this as a different channel.

You mention you are using IPTV in the other thread but above your specs say DVB-C. Am I right in thinking that this is only a problem with IPTV?

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Channel Change fails due to Service ID change

Hello and thanks for your reply,

no, I am using DVB-C as source. But I think this seems to be a general problem then - DVB-S - DVB-C - IPTV ....

When something in the channel "information" is changing, we all seem to have the same problem that the channel cannot be tuned.

In my case I "simply" have to retune the channel - the new information seems to be grabbed then - and I can watch TV then...

But - if possible - the channel information (PID and SID) should be checked when we are swichting to another channel and the infomation of the new channel should be used... Or something like that. I don´t know what would be the "best solution" for this problem...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    But the issue here is that the SID is what determines what a channel is. If this changes MP has no other option but to assume it is a new channel. You can not use channel name as you mentioned in another thread as this is not unique.

eg. this is my DVB-S details (Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eurobird 1 (28.2°E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat) if you look at the first transponder there are several regional versions of Channel 4 which all have the name Channel 4 when scanned. The only way to identify these channels separately is by the SID.

The SID is what is used to read the DVB tables and figure out which video and audio streams to use.

The question here is why is your provider changing SIDs all the time? What provider is this?

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

My Provider is Unitymedia in Germany.

I don´t know if the PID is really changing.

Here an extraction of my ts-log:

Code:
    15-03-2011 20:02:41.718 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch 5e2c != 2f47
    15-03-2011 20:02:41.750 pmtgrabber: set callback:d8ffb8
    15-03-2011 20:02:41.750 pmtgrabber: search pmt from PAT for sid:2f47
    15-03-2011 20:02:41.765 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.

It says the service-ID mismatches. So I think the Service-ID seems to change. Whatever it is - I don´t know.

The PID seems to be always the same. Here an extraction of the log after channel change:

Code:
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171 pmtgrabber: PMT pids changed to:
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171  pcr      pid:  21f 
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171  pmt      pid:  104 
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171  video    pid:  21f type: MPEG2
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171  audio    pid:  220 language: deu type: MPEG1 - audio
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171  audio    pid:  222 language: deu type: AC3
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171 pmtgrabber: got new pmt version:19 ffffffff, service_id:2f47
    15-03-2011 20:02:56.171 pmtgrabber: do callback pid 104

It seems to be always "104"

I think there has already been something implemented in the past for PID-Problems from Mantis:

0002422: TSWriter doesnt dynamically change the PMT pid - MediaPortal Bugtracker

So maybe there maybe have to be implemented a similar solution for SID´s? - That´s my question.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Channel Change fails due to Service ID change

So maybe there maybe have to be implemented a similar solution for SID´s? - That´s my question.

My understanding (and hopefully one of the devs who understands this better than me can confirm) is that was implemented basically changed way we lookup the PMT data. Before that change we assumed the PMT did not change and stored that value in the database. The PMT is obtained by looking for the correct details in the PAT based on the SID. The only reason the PMT was stored was to make it a little quicker rather than having to look it up on every tune.

So with this option turned on the we can find the correct PMT by looking for the SID in the PAT. (enough three letter acronyms there ???) We can not do this the other way around though as the SID is the data we are looking up.

So basically we are only storing the PMT value for performance and we can look this up dynamically but the SID is how we identify the channel so we can not look this up dynamically

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello again,

so I´ve searched arround in the forum and this seems to be an "aged" problem. Here a quote of this thread (Page 3):

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-3-6-519/some-channels-fail-tume-unable-start-graph-rc6-84224/index3.html

Sometimes it gives 'unable to start graph', sometimes 'no audio/video detected', sometimes 'Can't play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer", sometimes no message. This time it was twice no message. But the procedure is almost always the same: mp freezes, hitting stop releases MP again and hitting the same channel again will always work after that without any problems.

So, in that thread they discuss the same Issue I have. So I think channel change in General seems not to be very reliable....

I don´t know what we have to focus on - PAT - PMT - PID - SID..... - But I can report as many information as I can (logs and behaviour) to debug and locate the source of this Issue and to improve this situation for us.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello again,

I´ve read the above metioned thread to the end and recognized this hint from Joystick:

ok, found a final fix for my problems:
    i use "always use PAT lookup" option in TVserver debugoptions.
    Since I activated this optionI have had no more channel changing problems

I also enabled this option and so far it did not happen. I will go on testing and come back in two or three days and will report if this option solves the issue.

Hope so.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

OK, I am running the TV-Server with the debug option for some days now and there are no errors in the log as described before.

So I think this seems to work.

BUT, unfortunately channel change still fails randomly with the messages:

"Timeshift could not be started"
    "Graph could not be started"

And I cannot locate something special in the logs. Attached a log with the new configuration implemented.

Maybe someone lese has the same Issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom