[no Bug] Channel not available / No PMT found (1 Viewer)

DerPat

Portal Member
March 12, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.2b
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel Dual-Core
HDD: mixed
Memory: > 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: NVidia/ATi
Video Card Driver: newest
Sound Card: Creative
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: newest
1. TV Card: Digital Devices Cine S2
1. TV Card Type: 2x DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Digital Devices Cine S2
2. TV Card Type: 2x DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: MSI TV@nywhere Satellite II
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card: AVerMedia AVerTV TwinStar PCI-E
4. TV Card Type: 2x DVB-T
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: enough
Remote: yes
TV: FullHD
TV - HTPC Connection: wtf?

Hello,

as you can see, I have 5 DVB-S2 tuners, and 2 DVB-T tuners as fall back. To the MSI card are only the fta channels ARD HD and ZDF HD mapped. To the first tuner of the first DigitalDevices Card are only the hd channels of the RTL group mapped (RTL HD, RTL2 HD, VOX HD), as they are on the same transponder. The first tuner of the second DD card is only mapped to the ProSieben/Sat1 hd channels (Sat 1 HD, Pro7 HD, Kabel1 HD, Sixx HD), also all on the same transponder. The other tuners are only mapped to the non-hd channels.

I just updated to MP 1.2 Beta and I have the following problem with my dedicated tv server:

I tune a german hd channel. It's also possible to tune the same or other hd channels of the same transponder on other clients.

When all clients stop watching this transponder - so this tuner is now idle - it's not possible to tune those channels again. On the clients I get the message "Channel not found", on the server via manual control "No PMT found". If I restart the tv service, tuning those channels is possible again, but again only as long as the tuner doesn't become idle again.

At the moment I help my self with tuning RTL HD and Sat1 HD via manual control all the time, so the tuners don't get idle, but I hope someone finds the reason for this problem.

Of course, this problem only exists since updating from 1.2a to 1.2b.

Greets,
Patrick

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Logs?????

Without logs, there is no way on earth anyone can see what is going on.

In future, to keep this forum clean, we will simply delete posts without logs.

Best wishes,

Mark

DerPat

Portal Member
    March 12, 2010
    AW: Channel not available / No PMT found

Well, I thought they aren't interssting because more information as the "no pmt found" isn't in there.

Now they are attached.

DerPat

Portal Member
    March 12, 2010

Now it's getting weired. Even though the tv service is streaming RTL HD via manual control, my client tells me "channel not found".

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Channel not available / No PMT found

Now it's getting weired. Even though the tv service is streaming RTL HD via manual control, my client tells me "channel not found".

Again, we need a description of exactly what you were doing when this happened, and the logs.

Sorry to be critical of you, but just because the logs 'aren't interesting' isn't a reason to not include them.

Even if the logs aren't interesting, they will tell us what is clearly working, and help us to eliminate problems.

Please everyone, follow the bug-reporting guidelines (see the sticky thread) and we have a chance of fixing the problems.

In your specific case, did you do a retune? Does this still happen if you try a clean install? Remember that this is beta software, so you need to expect some problems, and we appreciate your help in reporting them accurately.

Mark

DerPat

Portal Member
    March 12, 2010

Okay, from now on you'll get all logs :)

What I did? As reported in the first post, the problem seems to be a cause of a tuner getting idle - so I prevented the two tuners of getting idle by letting them tune a channel all the time via the manual control. But it seems to happen even if a tuner is already tuning this channel: in my case the tv service is manual tuning a channel (RTL HD) and a client, who also wanted to view this channel got the error message "Channel not found".

By the way, a restart of the tv service also doesn't always guarantee this problem to be solved. But still most times a restart helps tuning those channels again and the work around always tuning the transponders improves the situation.

Anyway, only the scrambled hd channels are affected - but with MP 1.2a there were no problems.

Edit: yes I tried a retune several times. I did a fresh installation, but the MySql db is located on another server, so it was untouched. Do you think a fresh db could have something to do with this problem?

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I had the "No PMT found" error yesterday and ended up deleting the DB and then setting the whole TV-server up again.
    Now, since I know all of my settings this wasn't a lot of work, but still; If this happens too often it would get annoying at some point.

Sidenote: The version of MediaPortal which I had installed yesterday was not the final beta but a build of somewhere last week.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi DerPat

Anyway, only the scrambled hd channels are affected - but with MP 1.2a there were no problems

It is clear that you are using MDAPI to receive these HD channels. Team MediaPortal does not provide support for MDAPI and we do not allow discussion about it on our forums.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

It is clear that you are using MDAPI to receive these HD channels. Team MediaPortal does not provide support for MDAPI and we do not allow discussion about it on our forums.

I set the thread status to No bug. If the bug can be reproduced after removing MDAPI, please make a new report.

DerPat

Portal Member
    March 12, 2010

Nice support. As you can see Damandan had the same issue.

I only use MDAPI because I don't want to pay for a CI Module and a fitting CAM Module. I can't understand why those people who spend this money get support and I don't. This problem only exists since updating to 1.2b - with 1.2a i had no problems at all. If you want to, I make a photo of my smartcard to prove that I'm not illegaly using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom